02-06-2013, 02:52 PM #1
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
couple of days ago i received an update for W8 for my lumia 920 and i went ahead and updated it. Now the issue is
- Even though I get connected to my home wifi network I am not able to access internet, it gives me dns error (i had no issues accessing the net on my home network before the update)
whereas i have no issues browsing the net over my office wifi networks and my network data connections.
Anyone else having the same problem? what should i do to fix it?
- 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM #2
I'm getting an issue where my WiFi doesn't always auto connect, even though I have everything checked off and always on. When this happens I go to WiFi properties it shows nothing found. I have to manually switch it on and off and it connects again. This happens randomly, but often.
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM #4
- 10 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I purchased Nokia Lumia 920 3 days back. The mobile was connecting to wifi so i downloaded the initial high volume apps and updates thinking I am connected to internet over wifi. Within 3 days my data usage over my 3g connection jumped by 550 MB. I was shocked to see this since I had done all the major downloads over wifi. After switching off the mobile data, I realised that though the mobile was connecting over wifi it was not able to access the internet over it. I had to check all the settings in my router, modem etc if there is any problem with anything.. firewall etc. After spending a lot of time, I tried to see the settings of wifi in the mobile and I realised that the automatic settings of the wifi in my mobile was showing a totally wrong DNS. DNS shown over there is the same as Default Gateway. Now the problem is that these settings in WP8 are not editable, even after clicking edit in the wifi i.e. the manual configuration option is not present in wifi, which in fact is very common since a long long time on mobile devices. So i am stuck with a phone on which i cannot connect to internet over wifi and so my mobile bill with shoot up like anything. And this is because MS one fine day felt that it didn't need to provide the basic setup options for wifi, like manual configuration etc. If anyone knows how to sort this out, then please let me know.
- By sniffs in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM
- By electricbopeep in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
- By badMojo69 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
- By kltye in forum HTC TITANReplies: 14Last Post: 12-06-2011, 09:51 PM
- By jrdatrackstar1223 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 12Last Post: 09-28-2011, 10:49 PM