- 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM #1
Love my black Nokia Lumia 920 but I really miss the choice of apps that iOS and Android have. I know it takes time but I really though there would have been more mainstream apps introduced by now. Plus some of the apps available seem like step children to their iOS and Android counterparts like Facebook, ESPN SportsCenter and others.
I really wish MS would step up and offer more incentives to developers to get more apps out there.
OK...now I feel better! :)
02-06-2013, 07:58 PM #2
- 55 Posts
I understand your viewpoint, but short of writing it themselves what can MS do Mike? There are no incentives MS can really offer that would offset the fact that WP has an installed base (world wide) of about 2%, while Android is 75% and iOS is about 22%. Where would you focus your energy if you developed a broad market product like ESPN or Instagram? I switched from iPhone to WP last month for many reasons and apps were only one part of the equation. If Instagram and having the latest and greatest games is critical, people should not even consider buying a WP, at least not for the foreseeable future. if you want a good business phone that themes well with your windows 8 pc and offers good integration and security for your company, then WP is a solid choice to consider for both intrinsic features and 3rd party apps
- By GT2010PassportVersion in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM
- By eyeinthesky in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
- By eyeinthesky in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2012, 10:34 AM
- By shaunydub in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM