My 920 Issues

BillG11785

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ive previously owned the HD2, HD7, HTC Titan, HTC Titan II all since they day they've launched. I am currently using a cyan Lumia 920 from AT&T, and its had almost as many issues as the HD2. I fed into all the hype about NOKIA and their products, especially all the positive press they get on most WP websites, and yet i have been nothing but disappointed in the product. Lets go through a few: random restarts, music playing but no sound (phone needs to be restarted), Microsoft account was able to link but haven't been able to update for the past month, on occasion "resuming" apps after unlocking never resumes and forces the app to close, mobile webpages not loading properly until I refresh the page, wireless charging works 80% of the time-it tends to keep waking itself up and then sleeping repeatedly, once a week it will run through the battery with in a few hours under mild to no use, the screen has gash/scratch in it after 1 week of gentle use and honestly I cant say anything positive about the camera over using my Titan Cameras. I just wish this phone was better, i feel in love with the cyan and the OS but never had any of these issues with my previous HTC phones, and honestly only ever had to restart them 3 or 4 times combined throughout the time I had them (HD2 excluded) on the other hand I'm restarting this Lumia once a day. Was i deceived by the pro NOKIA press about its superiority over HTC? or did I just receive a faulty phone?- Well make that two faulty phones, i forget to mention I sent my fist one back to AT&T because of these issues and my second is exactly the same

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You must be the worlds unluckiest 920 owner...you seem to have a crazy amount of issues...
My 920 seems to be perfect outside of a tiny amount of light leakage that is very difficult to notice...

Take it back...why would you want to keep something that doesn't work...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Based on my experience with the HD7 I had for 16 months, (at which point it died, with 20 months left on my Canadian contract) I would say the more likely explanation was that you got EXTREMELY lucky with your HTC devices...

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion is not to restore your profile from WP7.x

It's always been my mantra with a new OS. Try setting up your WP8 as a new device and use it without installing anything for a few days and see how it does. If it still has issues, then more likely it's hardware - exchange it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo