Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

Yep, sounds like decent battery life to me. Mine runs easily for more than twelve hours now after I discharged the battery. Still jealous of some folks here who say that the phone lasts them 2 or 3 days, but with the amount of defects out there I'm not replacing mine anytime soon just because of adequate battery life.

I've never had a phone last me 2 or 3 days with usage, i cant imagine that ever happening for anybody unless they literally do almost nothing with their phone other than leave it on standby.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

well spoke too soon, battery and phone acting weird. So i see there wwere 6 different app updates so i decided to update all of them. At this point, my btter was 51% and by the end of the updates it dropped to 46%, then there was nokia music left to update so i updated that and then my phone locked up and reset. If your phone locks up and resets while updating a nokia app, doesnt matter which one, you will not be able to update the app anymore, it will download and give you an error, this has happened to me on two occasions with two different phones. The first was lens, my phone crashed as it was updating and once it restarted, the app icon of the building was black instead of white and that pretty much means you cant use. So now this time, it was nokia music that it happened to and now i cant use or install the update. No way to get it back unless i reset the phone meaning wiping it clean to factory. Hard reset dont work either.

So before nokia music and my phone crashed, my batter drained to 46% in a matter of minutes updating 6 apps, once it crashed and restarted, my batter dropped to 32% from the time of the reset and restart which was about a minute or two.

So clearly, the battery is not reading correctly and now i have to factory reset my phone to get nokia music back.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

My battery issue was very dramatic... I would go from 100% battery life to less than 20% in 1-2 hours... After fully discharging and recharging it several times and ininstalling apps and Nokia Drive, turning off all updates, the battery life has been great for 2 days with no drain issues. We'll see...

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

just curious, for those of you getting good battery life. if you go to Settings > date + time > do you have Set automatically On or Off?

i had really great battery life and after turning this back On i lost over 30% overnight with the phone idle. the previous night, when i had it off, i only lost 3%.

however, i also had a bunch of WhatsApp messages waiting for me when i woke up to the 30% loss, so perhaps it was WhatsApp that killed my battery.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

So we're getting mixed results on that too, huh? :( I was hoping to use that as a last resort. Too bad for us AT&T users, we don't have the option to change speed connection. I definitely think that's the problem though. My phone runs on an LTE network all day, and six hours in idle drained it's battery life by ten percent. Anyone else experiencing bad idle drain with LTE networks?

i'm on AT&T and we can change our connection speed,
go to the phone app
go to the dialer
input ##3282#
then tap on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner
tap on Settings
you can pick from automatic, 2G, 3G, or 4G only.

legendcomeback

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

No. I argued against the guy who said not to let it fully die.

Doing it once when the battery is new isn't going to cause a problem. If you keep doing it you might. I am saying if it's a software battery calculation problem. Letting it fully dying and then charging it completely, might fix it.
lol, this is smart phone, not stupid phone

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Just a little update from my previous battery issues.
Battery life on my 920 has improved greatly. I normally get 18-19 hours on normal use.
Currently, only MetroTube is running in the background.
NFC is always on.
Wi-Fi is on when I'm at home or on campus.
4G(HSPA+) when i'm not(Net10 doesn't offer LTE).
Google account is configured via Exchange.
Both my GMail & college's Exchange e-mail accounts are set to sync every 30 minutes.
E-mail sync is off on my phone's Outlook account.
wp_ss_20121124_0001.png

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Mine was last charged 19 hours ago with 13 hours remaining at 42% battery life. I've been using it to surf the web a couple of times, some texting, downloading apps, checking email, and etc. It's a yellow lumia 920 that has wifi on, LTE on, bluetooth on, NFC off, and I think that's it.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121123_0001.png
    wp_ss_20121123_0001.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 8

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

after disabling drive beta in background you have really good battery life. 1 hour of bluetooth in the car (music), little bit of texting, no call today. some push notification ... facebook, wpcentral etc. Battery level for wp8 run in the background.
I disable nfc too because I don't use it for the moment.
wp_ss_20121124_0002.png

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll say that high brightness kills the battery. Like really bad. Medium is fine but I wish it could be a little brighter. Sliding bar would be a nice addition.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
RE: lumia 920 Battery Issues

This phone might actually have worse battery life then on One X, and that thing is a turd. Does improve at all after a few charge cycles????
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rhellman

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

After trying multiple solutions proposed in the thread - agree with those who said turning off location services was key to getting best battery life for the time being. I believe that somehow the programs that use location services must not be turning the GPS hardware off correctly (or location services is having trouble finding your current location, resulting in the GPS hardware consuming lots of battery time). For the time being, I plan on turning on location services only when I need to use a program that requires it and turning it off when not needed; of course this is not desirable - but I hope that software fixes will arrive sooner than later.

oakfan52

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

My girlfriend got hers first. Had it a week before mine and it had horrible battery life. 6 maybe 8 hours on what I would consider light use. This was with battery saver mode on. I got mine and factory reset it first thing and I have no issues. We factory reset hers and restored it and its fixed. I'd say the battery life is better than my 900 now.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

After trying multiple solutions proposed in the thread - agree with those who said turning off location services was key to getting best battery life for the time being. I believe that somehow the programs that use location services must not be turning the GPS hardware off correctly (or location services is having trouble finding your current location, resulting in the GPS hardware consuming lots of battery time). For the time being, I plan on turning on location services only when I need to use a program that requires it and turning it off when not needed; of course this is not desirable - but I hope that software fixes will arrive sooner than later.

I leave location services on non-stop in almost all apps/hubs, if that works for you then okay but it's not necessary. Just toggle it off and back on whenever you hit a bad drain. You don't need to compromise THAT much.

My girlfriend got hers first. Had it a week before mine and it had horrible battery life. 6 maybe 8 hours on what I would consider light use. This was with battery saver mode on. I got mine and factory reset it first thing and I have no issues. We factory reset hers and restored it and its fixed. I'd say the battery life is better than my 900 now.

Odds are much higher that some setting got reset to default or some app didn't get re-installed yet.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

SO I am on my second Lumia (traded for a different color, battery was fine on the first) and have noticed that the little GPS dot inside a circle icon is almost always lit up. Phone has been off the charger for two hours, no background apps, and I have received six texts and sent two. That is literally all I have done on the phone thus far. Battery level... 70% (in the time it took to post this I am down to 67%). Any suggestions?

Here is a screenshot below...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FAB7FBEAAA8A6B9!172&authkey=!AH_7rs_y2QcaJJ0

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site

So resetting it seems to be the answer for some?

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site

So are people restoring from a back up or setting up as a new device?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon