Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

I don't know if someone notice this already but i think i found the cause of the battery drain - at least on my devices. (I have 2 Lumia 920s). I get intermittent battery performance, some times very good (say over night, battery saver off) to sometimes very bad (unplugged for 2 hours and batter goes down to 80%). I have setup both phones exactly the same way (except that I have different mobile providers for each) - apps, configuration, etc. Just this morning, one of my phone acted up again (fully charged last night and over night battery is < 80%) and i noticed that various email+account items (MS Exchange corp email, facebook, twitter, MS account to be specific) are kind of left "syncing" indefinitely. All of my email are configured to fetch emails manually, so push is disabled. the only thing i cannot chance is Hotmail-because there is no option to manually pull mails.

So when i tried to change the connection from for 3G to 2G and back to 3G, nothing happened-state is still "syncing." That's when i realized that it kind of hung already so i restarted the unit. Finally after restarting, the email/facebook/twitter accounts completed synching. for several hours now, the same unit's battery level is 100% w/ 3G on.

Anybody noticed this? I'm running WP 8.0.9903.10

Quote Originally Posted by SevenDead1ySinz View Post
    Keep WLan on. With WiFi the phone uses less battery power to transmit and receive data than if it were using Cellular. This is why WiFi always on was an important feature to have.
    Unless you are in an area where you are not connected to a WiFi, then it is using more power to have WiFi on. WiFi always on is a good feature if you don't mind to turn on/off WiFi all the time

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdskep View Post
    I intend to change as well, but am a little hesitant. Everything go OK? Do you have an XBox account?
    It went all fine. Yep, and all my gamer points and DRM rights transferred too.

My 1st Lumia 920 the battery wad great and didn't drain too bad.

My new lumia 920, which ive had since Sunday was quite poor with it draining quite fast even in standby mode that was until i charged it fully from dead then used it until it hit 60%. I then performed a soft reset and left it charging overnight.

Took my phone off charge at 8am and currently its 91% with the time being 14:20PM. Only checked my mail today and made a few calls along with going on WP central.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Just turned my phone off and it had 48% and turned it back on2 seconds later and it says there's 37%. Hunk of junk

Please, i feel concerned now. whenever, i turn off my Phone to charger, it comes back on itself. Is this normal or i need to return it?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Being that so many of us have battery issues I was wondering what's the real world performance of the 920's battery supposed to be? Stand by is excellent. My phone loses about 1-2% on standby over 9 hours but once I have the screen on and do anything it melts. I've lost 47% in 2 hours by googling 2 things , amazon.com search 1 thing and Barnes and nobles .com searching for a book plus 1 13minute phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Being that so many of us have battery issues I was wondering what's the real world performance of the 920's battery supposed to be? Stand by is excellent. My phone loses about 1-2% on standby over 9 hours but once I have the screen on and do anything it melts. I've lost 47% in 2 hours by googling 2 things , amazon.com search 1 thing and Barnes and nobles .com searching for a book plus 1 13minute phone call.
    cmon.. my lumia 920 drain 2% every hours on airplane mode over night.. dammit...

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Unless the metering is truly that screwed up my standby is superb . But once I do anything on my phone it melts away

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Hello,

I had the same issue with the Lumia 900. Nokia and Microsoft have smart and intelligent people working for them. There HAS to be a fix.

My Lumia 920 has pretty much the same issues as noted above. Clearly, reducing apps and functions (Bluetooth off or making sure all apps are closed) is not the answer for a phone with powerful specs!
    Thank you,

Dr. Nitun
    Nokia Lumia 1020 (AT&T, Yellow)

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Udoh Progress View Post
    Please, i feel concerned now. whenever, i turn off my Phone to charger, it comes back on itself. Is this normal or i need to return it?
    Very normal

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    on my 4th 920, i feel like this is the one! yesterday when i received, the battery was at 50% at around 4pm in the mail. Lasted me to 10% at around 11:30.

Today, off the charger 8am and its at 48% at 7:30 here, so i should be able to reach bedtime with 10-20% left easily.

Previous phones wouldnt get past 3pm due to significant drain when idle.

Hpoefully this keeps up and my phone doesn't brick..

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    4th phone update, looks like the battery is legit. Got full days use with like 20-30% left when going to bed the last two days. Almost no battery drain while on standby which is probably the issue with most of the phones. Of course, if you use, the battery drains, but still, i got full days worth 8am to 12am easily without any effort of saving batteries. Two push emails, 3 background tasks, skype. Still not ready to install whatsapp, i dont trust that app and it is buggy.

So far so good, i didnt reset the phone, drain it to 0% or anything. Just used as is and plugged it in before going to bed, no issues.

Hopefully no other problems persist, not doing a wireless charge to make sure it doesnt brick

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    How does one go about calibrating the battery? I've heard that to be a known solution. Do you just unplug it from a 100% and let it drain all the way down? Then charge it back up to a 100%?

This is the normal behavior for the L920.

Anyone else is having the issue, that when charging (wired) the display reacts "strange" or not at every input you do? Got this for a couple of weeks now, but not at every charging run.
    I sometimes can't even unlock my screen properly, because it "loses" the touch during the sliding up motion and the picture drops down to the ground again.
    Or when I'm typing a message (fast), it misses out characters...

I deleted Nokia Music from my phone and the battery immediately went from dropping 10% every hour to about .5% every hour. Pretty great!

I've noticed when I set the display to medium/high + automatic, the battery dies quick with heavy use... possibly get around 12hours

When screen is set to low+automatic, battery will last quite a while

Same here, my lumia drained 5-10% per hour on idle, location

Quote Originally Posted by spriggan138 View Post
    Anyone else is having the issue, that when charging (wired) the display reacts "strange" or not at every input you do? Got this for a couple of weeks now, but not at every charging run.
    I sometimes can't even unlock my screen properly, because it "loses" the touch during the sliding up motion and the picture drops down to the ground again.
    Or when I'm typing a message (fast), it misses out characters...
    Using the Nokia charger or some POS HTC charger?

Quote Originally Posted by 50000 View Post
    Using the Nokia charger or some POS HTC charger?
    At home I am using the Nokia charger which came with my Lumia920, at work the charger of my old LG Optimus E900.
    But the issue occurs on both sets.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    How does one go about calibrating the battery? I've heard that to be a known solution. Do you just unplug it from a 100% and let it drain all the way down? Then charge it back up to a 100%?
    drain it, drain it until it literally won't turn on, until u get a black dark screen, past the battery low icon that appears, and you will have great battery life. I went from 7 to 18 hr usage, and then Charge all they way up and then use:)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    drain it, drain it until it literally won't turn on, until u get a black dark screen, past the battery low icon that appears, and you will have great battery life. I went from 7 to 18 hr usage, and then Charge all they way up and then use:)
    Drained it for the past two days, and when it finished charging over night, I've so far had the best battery yet. 1% per hour on idle drain. 5 background tasks, and currently shows 5 days until battery is depleted. Much improved compared to previous times I'd check after phone is sitting idle.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    Drained it for the past two days, and when it finished charging over night, I've so far had the best battery yet. 1% per hour on idle drain. 5 background tasks, and currently shows 5 days until battery is depleted. Much improved compared to previous times I'd check after phone is sitting idle.
    good to hear, spread the word, ppl are getting told its bad for battery, best thing to do :)

I sort of agree with draining the battery....i drained mine 3 times or so and it then became much better, definitely lasts me throughout the day with same usage as when I first got it (when it had 'poor' battery life coz it dies after 3 hours of surfing)