Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 2136
Like Tree200Likes
  1. OpieMC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #951  
    Battery started draining while it was in standby. When I checked my battery status app, it reported to have started draining about an hour after I put it down, so I can't think of anything that made it start draining.

    So I let it drain until I got to the battery with red bar symbol. Charged to 100%, removed from charger, and it was still draining, then I did a hard reset. After the hard reset, my battery has been more amazing than ever! I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm going to stay away from unofficial and third party apps for the mean time. The default apps do everything I expect from a smartphone, anyway.
  2. RN50's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #952  
    Very strange battery performance at the moment. Im currently going for the full drain and full recharge route.

    So at midnight my phone was on 31% so i though forget charging if and do a full drain. Wake up around 7ish and the battery is on 4% im like wtf its lost over 25% in standby mode. So i snooze for abit til 8 Am and the phone switches off so i switch it bk on and it currently says 0%. Time is now 9:20am and its still going on 0%. Surely that means the problem lies with the software and not the actual battery? I will post again when the battery finally does die fully.
  3. RN50's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #953  
    Battery still going strong on 0% lol.
  4. vinnyvin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by RN50 View Post
    Battery still going strong on 0% lol.
    haha strange, did u do a soft reset? That should make the percentage go up to its actual number. And ya keep draining it, it'll figure itself out soon
  5. RN50's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    haha strange, did u do a soft reset? That should make the percentage go up to its actual number. And ya keep draining it, it'll figure itself out soon
    cheers for that, just did a soft reset and the percentage has gone to 23%. Very strange indeed and goes with my theory that's the software has a bug which is fixable and its not the actual battery. So far battery has lasted 32 hours with around 8 left.
  6. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #956  
    I've been having serious issues lately, too. I have the latest portico update, and have noticed with minimal use the battery drains quick. 100% after an all-night charge, unplugged at 6am, by 10am typically down to 60%, by noon 30%, and this is really, really not using it much. Not totally idle, but checking email a few times, a few short phone calls, a little surfing. No gaming, no videos, nothing straining, and I've never had Skype on there. Here's what I've tried so far:

    -turned off wifi and bluetooth --> no improvement
    -uninstalled gMaps --> no improvement
    -uninstalled Facebool --> no improvement
    -background tasks running: limited to Battery Level for WP8, CNN, WeatherFlow, WPCentral :) --> no improvement but haven't tried turning those ones off yet
    -powered phone completely off for 5 min, restarted --> no improvement
    -yesterday, for 1st time ever, drained battery until the phone turned off, then charged back. today will let it run down to 0% again and recharge. plan on doing that cycle 3 full times. So far, after 1 cycle, no big changes.

    -if that fails, I was going to do a soft reset.
    -if THAT fails, hard reset
    -if THAT fails, uninstall other apps?!?!?!


    Uggh, this is frustrating, i have this bomber phone that I'm afraid to unleash to it's full potential.
  7. windoh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #957  
    I've had a Lumia 920 for the past week or so. Love it's look and power. But I am concerned about battery drain, particularly with video and games. What's the typical drop in percentage when running a YouTube video or movie? I'm losing a percentage point every other minute. I bench tested it against my HTC Vivid and the Vivid held its charge much better on video. Gaming, even low-level games like the Paperboy ripoff, drain the battery at about this rate as well.

    What should be my target for this phone? Note that it doesn't seem to matter if I turn off Nokia Drive, background tasks or turn on airplane mode.

    I'm hoping that it's true that the battery gets stronger with each charge. It has been holding its charge better after it hits 100% (for instance, I can run video for about a half hour before it loses a percentage point) but drops back to its old rate after the honeymoon period.I downloaded Battery Sense and according to it the phone loses up to 32% per hour when video is running. I also notice that the battery loses 4/5% after I reboot the phone.
  8. theeboredone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #958  
    Just wanted to update. It's been nearly 24 hours since I calibrated and unplugged my phone. With some light use (30 minutes of music, 15 minute emails, 5 background tasks), I currently have 67%. Idle % drain has increased from 1 per hour to 2. I'm going to see if I can get through the work day.
  9. vinnyvin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    I've been having serious issues lately, too. I have the latest portico update, and have noticed with minimal use the battery drains quick. 100% after an all-night charge, unplugged at 6am, by 10am typically down to 60%, by noon 30%, and this is really, really not using it much. Not totally idle, but checking email a few times, a few short phone calls, a little surfing. No gaming, no videos, nothing straining, and I've never had Skype on there. Here's what I've tried so far:

    -turned off wifi and bluetooth --> no improvement
    -uninstalled gMaps --> no improvement
    -uninstalled Facebool --> no improvement
    -background tasks running: limited to Battery Level for WP8, CNN, WeatherFlow, WPCentral :) --> no improvement but haven't tried turning those ones off yet
    -powered phone completely off for 5 min, restarted --> no improvement
    -yesterday, for 1st time ever, drained battery until the phone turned off, then charged back. today will let it run down to 0% again and recharge. plan on doing that cycle 3 full times. So far, after 1 cycle, no big changes.

    -if that fails, I was going to do a soft reset.
    -if THAT fails, hard reset
    -if THAT fails, uninstall other apps?!?!?!


    Uggh, this is frustrating, i have this bomber phone that I'm afraid to unleash to it's full potential.
    I did 4 cycles until it worked, the last cycle was drained completely until it wouldn't turn on
    Thanked by:
  10. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    #960  
    I had 80% battery and after playing Hockey Nations for literary 10 mins it dropped to 60%. That's seems like alot for 10mins of play.

    Seem normal to you?
  11. realwarder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,137 Posts
    #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    I had 80% battery and after playing Hockey Nations for literary 10 mins it dropped to 60%. That's seems like alot for 10mins of play.

    Seem normal to you?

    The only thing that is normal is that the 920 battery goes down quicker than people expect.

    Why is an unknown quantity... it appears quite random to me. Just when you think you see a pattern, you don't.

    The only thing I'll say for sure is the phone is capable of good battery life, it just rarely provides it.
  12. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    #962  
    Hopefully when i get the new update (UK) it will sort it out. Fingers crossed as its the only issue i really have with the phone now.
  13. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    I did 4 cycles until it worked, the last cycle was drained completely until it wouldn't turn on
    thanks, good to know that it took 4 cycles to see results...
  14. vinnyvin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    thanks, good to know that it took 4 cycles to see results...
    haha ya, I was about to give up and get a 5th 920, and it worked:)
  15. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #965  
    some interesting data i just collected. No phone charging during this time. I recorded the time/relative activity in between checks / reported battery level / reported use time left

    start test @ 11:45am / 67% / 19 hrs 30 min

    minimal use >> 12:00 / 64% / 9hrs

    minimal use >> 12:10 / 60% / 8hrs

    modest use >> 12:25 / 58% / 5hrs

    no use >> 12:45 / 58% / 3hrs 10 min

    minimal use >> 1:00 / 56% / 13hrs 30 min

    no use >> 1:30 / 55% / 19hrs 20 min


    On the one hand, this is only a 12% drop in 1hr 45min which is great, but also note that was with what i'd consider to be very mild use.

    More odd is how rapidly the time use left prediction dropped, and then what the **** with the sudden uptick??
  16. kennethsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    drain it, drain it until it literally won't turn on, until u get a black dark screen, past the battery low icon that appears, and you will have great battery life. I went from 7 to 18 hr usage, and then Charge all they way up and then use:)
    How long does it usually take it drain completely? o:
  17. vinnyvin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethsd View Post
    How long does it usually take it drain completely? o:
    stream a video or watch alot of YouTube until phone dies or so it at the end of the day when battery is low, and then keep draining and battery icon will appear, keep doing soft resets or keep turning it on and eventually it will die completely, took me about 30 min after I got to the battery icon screen. And don't be surprised if it comes out of the battery icon screen and phone turns on and battery goes to like 10 percent, drain it again until dead, kind of an annoying process but it helps
  18. kennethsd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #968  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    stream a video or watch alot of YouTube until phone dies or so it at the end of the day when battery is low, and then keep draining and battery icon will appear, keep doing soft resets or keep turning it on and eventually it will die completely, took me about 30 min after I got to the battery icon screen. And don't be surprised if it comes out of the battery icon screen and phone turns on and battery goes to like 10 percent, drain it again until dead, kind of an annoying process but it helps
    Hmm.. My phone has been dead for more than an hour now and it just shows the battery icon. x:

    Edit: Ohh! I decided to soft reset it and now it's back on with 5%. Thanks (:
  19. Louis Lau's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #969  
    Lithium-ion polymer battery doesn't hold on charge that well but has a better aging effect. The Lithium-ion, on the other hand has a better hold on charge but battery aging is increased. And to note returning your phone because of battery standby times wont solve your problem. Even when i got my phone the battery standby time was unreal. I use to get like 2-3 hours of use with everything turn off and only used the internet. Battery are like cars they need a trial run in time. Just like a car. The longer you us it and charge it the better it becomes. Now my phone averages 1day 6 hours everyday on standby for almost a month now. Consistently!

    And also if you download all the battery indicators apps you will see that all apps show different battery times (inaccurate readings of battery times). I think unstable apps are main problem to fast drain in battery But i know Nokia gathers these information and will soon fix problem or reduce it substantially.
    Last edited by Louis Lau; 01-10-2013 at 02:00 AM.
  20. magmo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #970  
    I bought my Lumia 920 yesterday, when I put it to charge it was 10% left, and when I started using it today it was on 100%, after 4 hours I got a warning that there was only 10% left. Now that is not ok, the phone should at least last 8 hours.. And I thought my iPhone had short battery life.... I will do some more testing this weekend otherwise I have to return it and get another one.
  21. Reylas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    I've been having serious issues lately, too. I have the latest portico update, and have noticed with minimal use the battery drains quick. 100% after an all-night charge, unplugged at 6am, by 10am typically down to 60%, by noon 30%, and this is really, really not using it much. Not totally idle, but checking email a few times, a few short phone calls, a little surfing. No gaming, no videos, nothing straining, and I've never had Skype on there. Here's what I've tried so far:

    -turned off wifi and bluetooth --> no improvement
    -uninstalled gMaps --> no improvement
    -uninstalled Facebool --> no improvement
    -background tasks running: limited to Battery Level for WP8, CNN, WeatherFlow, WPCentral :) --> no improvement but haven't tried turning those ones off yet
    -powered phone completely off for 5 min, restarted --> no improvement
    -yesterday, for 1st time ever, drained battery until the phone turned off, then charged back. today will let it run down to 0% again and recharge. plan on doing that cycle 3 full times. So far, after 1 cycle, no big changes.

    -if that fails, I was going to do a soft reset.
    -if THAT fails, hard reset
    -if THAT fails, uninstall other apps?!?!?!


    Uggh, this is frustrating, i have this bomber phone that I'm afraid to unleash to it's full potential.
    Out of curiosity, did you try to turn off the top two settings in Xbox Music settings? It has been working for some people including me when all other suggestions failed.

    Try that and the battery conditioning as well and see if it helps.
    Thanked by:
  22. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reylas View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you try to turn off the top two settings in Xbox Music settings? It has been working for some people including me when all other suggestions failed.

    Try that and the battery conditioning as well and see if it helps.
    You know, that's something that never occurred to me. Both of those were ON. However -

    After 1 conditioning cycle I saw HUGE improvements. Yesterday at 6:00am I pulled my phone off the charger at 100% after having let it drain to 0 and auto-shutting off. (I've had the phone for 3-4 weeks and foolishly never did this before yesterday)

    With moderate use yesterday, I was still at 20% or thereabouts at 8pm when I got home, no charging during the day! In fact, it was at 11% when I was ready for bed at 10:30 last night, and I let it sit idle overnight without charging. This morning at 6:00 am it was still at 5%. 24 hours!!

    I used it heavy until it drained and turned off, so I'm now charging it back for conditioning cycle #2. Hopefully this does the trick. If not, I will turn off those Xbox Music settings like you suggested, thanks I really appreciate that tip. In fact I did go ahead and turn off the 2nd one, since I don't even have music stored on the cloud. I like to see album art and use the DJ mixes sometime, so for now I'll leave that 1st one on and see what happens.
  23. magmo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #973  
    My Phone seem to be something wrong with.... it use about 3% every 5 minutes (even after turning off everything you guys suggested). According to the phone it has 4 hours left (1 hour since last charge), thats only 5 hours until its empty, thats terrible, I called my store and will get it replaced. One question though, When I received it I did not start off by charging it to 100% but used it imidiatly instead untill 10% remained, when I get the new phone, should I start off by charging it over night or does that not matter?
    Andyshine77 likes this.
  24. vinnyvin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by magmo View Post
    My Phone seem to be something wrong with.... it use about 3% every 5 minutes (even after turning off everything you guys suggested). According to the phone it has 4 hours left (1 hour since last charge), thats only 5 hours until its empty, thats terrible, I called my store and will get it replaced. One question though, When I received it I did not start off by charging it to 100% but used it imidiatly instead untill 10% remained, when I get the new phone, should I start off by charging it over night or does that not matter?
    haha u start off by draining it dead, not up. Smart one;)
  25. magmo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    haha u start off by draining it dead, not up. Smart one;)
    ? I didn't see anywhere in the manual that one was supposed to charge the phone to 100% before first use

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. how much does your battery drain during wordament?
    By akiman911 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions