Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

mike1810

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Fine. But how can there be nothing running - like no apps in the background, no notifications(toasts) and the phone tells me I have 14 hours left when I'm on WiFi, and over 2 days when I switch it off? The same with Mobile data.

There's something wrong with the phone. My phone was empty of all applications when I ran the test and 100% charged.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Fine. But how can there be nothing running - like no apps in the background, no notifications(toasts) and the phone tells me I have 14 hours left when I'm on WiFi, and over 2 days when I switch it off? The same with Mobile data.

There's something wrong with the phone. My phone was empty of all applications when I ran the test and 100% charged.

My (920 RM-821 Black made in China and sold in Brazil) under the same conditions, his battery lasts for three days, just does not last if I use it constantly, and there is nearly two days.
I think your device is with a defect, maybe some poor set piece, probably a fault in the industry for quality factory where it was produced.

Last edited:

Adanma Anji

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

m thinking the battery meter shows an average expected life time based on previous usage,
mine used to show 11 hours wen i had it initially , its shows 22 hours now after a full charge

wad i did back then was to install all my apps and then charge it overnight and then re install everything.

hope it helps

Rocking Robinsons

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

Lets not forget the size of the screen the battery has to illuminate. My phone with normal general use lasts a day (12hrs) charges overnight. If I play a fees games for 10 mins or so then the battery will probably die before I go to bed and charge. Mobiles back in the day lasted about a week or so with one charge but they weren't mini computers like they are now! Must admit, thought battery life would evolve as fast as phones do 😊

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Thing is, what most posters are trying to say is that there's a very large discrepancy between good and bad battery stats. The average seems to be about a day (16-24hrs) but some are more magical being 2 or 3days. Even compensating for variety of apps, setup etc....I don't think it should be so. After 1308 fw, I'm now getting about 9hrs a day, down from 24hrs+. I live and work at the same place, have less apps than before and am careful what I use. Can Nokia not identify WHY such variation from before and after?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Minimal use (6 texts and browsing), data shut off, wifi on, only background task is weatherflow every hr (updates to lockscreen). It seems to be getting better with use/charging.

wp_ss_20130506_0002.JPG

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
@Chezm, it honestly sounds like a bad battery or OS if you ask me. I'm at 73% after 12 hours. Three background tasks, one hour of music, 20 minutes of Alphajax, 10 minutes of internet browsing, and 5 minutes of reading news. All while running on LTE.

If you have an AT&T repair center near your area, get it replaced. If you don't have one, get in touch with Nokia's Support Center.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
@Chezm, it honestly sounds like a bad battery or OS if you ask me. I'm at 73% after 12 hours. Three background tasks, one hour of music, 20 minutes of Alphajax, 10 minutes of internet browsing, and 5 minutes of reading news. All while running on LTE.

If you have an AT&T repair center near your area, get it replaced. If you don't have one, get in touch with Nokia's Support Center.

I aappreciate the feedback, I knew something seemed off compared to most here. I'm in Canada with a different service provider and got my phone of kijiji. I do have receipt so I could technically send it into Nokia but concerned I'd get a worse device back or the same thing.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you need a receipt to send it off. They just ask for an IMEI number here in the US. It's just a matter of fact it will take about 10 days to get a replacement in unfortunately.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
People just don't understand, those "remaining 24 hrs (or 2 days) " stats are just calculated when your phone is idle. Once you start using it after a while it will update to 8-9hrs. Back in idle and it will update the status to 20hrs again. That's just how the system works if you want it to count by hours. How will the phone know when you're going to use and not use anyways. It's a different state when you just put your phone down.

So far with Locations on (and NFC OFF) I never run out of batteries the whole day and works just like any other smartphone. Point is to just disable any background tasks you won't use much. I keep Battery %, Chronos Calendar, WP Central and Weather Flow on, rest off. No problem with it whatsoever. I don't expect more than 12 hours of casual use anyways, again, just like any other smartphone.

If there's one thing to complain about, it's some of the games that heat your phone and drain battery. % of 'heat' games are higher than other platforms. But that's about it really.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 920 a week ago, and twice has it happened that the phone has told me goodbye (battery at 0%) only to not charge unless I perform a reset (volume down and power button I think). When I do this my date and time settings get messed up, and I just don't really think this should happen to a brand new phone. I've tried charging it for about 45 minutes without any success before I performed the reset. Am I just too impatient, is my phone messed up, or is there something else I'm not doing right?

Gohar428

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened for my 620....but couple of times it start to work fine ......i think you should tweet to @nokia care....

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
After a couple of weeks, some hard resets and aggressive battery charging (whenever i get a chance let it charge, sitting at work or not using at home) has shown an improvement on the battery life. I never had to do this before with my previous phones, but im glad its getting better. I also do notice if i perform a soft reset, it almost ALWAYS eats 10% of my battery life.

mistermorriss

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Should it be the case that when the phone is on standby with no background tasks running, it still discharges at 3-4% an hour? I could charge my iPhone in the evening, have it next to my bed for an 8-hour sleep and the battery would be on 97-96%. On the Lumia it's 70-75%.

What gives?

mike1810

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here. really hope the next update fixes it. If I'm not using the phone, I expect a maximum 1% power discharge WITH either WiFi or mobile data on. No more than that.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Should it be the case that when the phone is on standby with no background tasks running, it still discharges at 3-4% an hour? I could charge my iPhone in the evening, have it next to my bed for an 8-hour sleep and the battery would be on 97-96%. On the Lumia it's 70-75%.

What gives?

my phone doesnt lose more than 4% overnight (12am - 8am)...you must have a lot background tasks running?

mike1810

May 5, 2013
Visit site
60% drain last night. 4 backround apps running Battery, Facebook Beta (lock screen photo), Weatherview and YouTube. Wifi was on.

Charge was at 100%, listened to a 50 minute podcast (predownloaded) then put the phone on standby,

bellamyCK

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem. My phone fully charged about 5 hours ago. I turned off all the connnection (Wifi, location, NFC, Mobile data..). Only 1 backgound app running: Battery. I didn't use it in 5 hours. Then when I open, only 63% battery left, in the battery app, it said the discharge speed is 9%/hour! So what's wrong with my phone?
I think my English is not very good, hope you guys can understand.

sudeep6258

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery has started to act weird. Before, I used to get a day at least. But from the past 2-3 days it's behaving weird. It shows full charge and I listened to music for say 30-45 mins. After about 2 hours in total the phone soft reseted on it's own. When it turned on it showed me 50% as battery.. Almost the same thing happened yesterday. I think I will drain the battery fully once and then charge. If it still doesn't work another trip to nokia it is :(

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My battery is on and off, its very 'moody'...i keep getting told "its the background processes" but i've got nothing running. I also perform the volume down+power restart and it mostly doesnt help. I love this phone, its nearly perfect for me...the only drawback is the battery. It cannot be normal to see the battery decrease, on idle, opening the battery monitoring app every 5 mins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss