Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

Fwiw

uploadfromtaptalk1377232582851.jpg

~5 hours data, I turn off unused services, back out of apps, and only allow 4 apps to run in the background

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Right before the Amber update my phone was going 1.5 days on single charge, on medium use. Now since i updated Amber yesterday its dying quicker. I checked to make sure all my settings prior were re-tuned as it took months to learn what eats my battery overall. I really hope Amber didn't throw off my 920 battery :unhappysweat:

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on my 920 is a mystery. A week ago it came from service (it had terrible battery life, freezing and suddenly overheating) now all looks OK. But the strange thing is from day 1 if fully charged it showed 1day 15hours battery life and worked from 6am till 22pm same day. It was quite stable before Amber. Now a day after update when I took it from charger at 8am it told me that i have 8h 15mins battery life. Oh ****!!! BUT, this changed during a day. Sometimes it showed even 4days remainig with 92%. Now it is 8:45pm and i have 39% and 6:57 hours remainig. I have 3g and wifi on and double tap to show screen on. I can't understand this. Next thing I was trying to charge it in my car, but 30 mins on charger were not enough even to turn it on.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Whatever the phone tells you about remaining battery life is merely a rough estimate based on recent usage and shouldn't be relied upon really. Also, leaving 3G on is a major battery hog so I'd advise turning it off when it's not needed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow! My lumia made it through the night with 22% remained.

Thanx for the advice, but Im testing my battery, so for now 3G remains on. Later when I actually will need more battery life i will definetely switch all connections off :)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The battery situation with my phone cease's to amaze me, it may go for day's with hardly any battery drain, then out of the clear blue it seems to have a meltdown and the battery will discharge 50% in just a few hours, other days it will go from 6am to noon and still be fully charged under the same conditions. I wish some one would come up with a app that would show what is really pulling it down so fast.

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys, just to report my new record in battery life. It is 41! hour from taking from charger and self switching off. Its just WOW. Wifi - on, 3g - on, double tap to wake - on, battery save - off.

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys, just to report my new record in battery life. It is 41! hour from taking from charger and self switching off. Its just WOW. Wifi - on, 3g - on, double tap to wake - on, battery save - off.

Wow.. can we swap devices :p .. anyways good for u.. I had better life with portico

fluffib

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
The battery situation with my phone cease's to amaze me, it may go for day's with hardly any battery drain, then out of the clear blue it seems to have a meltdown and the battery will discharge 50% in just a few hours, other days it will go from 6am to noon and still be fully charged under the same conditions. I wish some one would come up with a app that would show what is really pulling it down so fast.
AT&T replaced my 920 with another 920 after I reported the battery drain and the phone heating up. I knew the new phone would do it, and it did, so they replaced it with a 1020 this time. This was right before the GDR2 update. If I would've known it was coming (I don't keep up w/ that stuff), I would've kept the 920 to see if the update fixed it.

The 1020 doesn't have the drain issue, but it does use up battery a lot quicker when surfing. On good days, my 920 could go 4 days without charging. The 1020 with the same apps and background tasks enabled can go maybe 2.5 days. I don't do much surfing.

If your phone is still under warranty, I'd recommend getting a different phone if the GDR2 didn't fix the issue. Or it could be an app that's causing the drain. I have all the background tasks disabled except for the battery meter and 2 other ones that I can't disable (gMaps which I never use, and extras+info).

Nenad Horvat

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I changed People and Photos live tiles to small icons, and after that i got almost no battery drain when phone is locked. Previous i had drain of few % per hour.
So if anyone can live without those live tiles with photos of your pretty friends, i recommend to do the same, for those who need better battery life.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I get around 16 to 18 hours. Wifi on for around 12 to 14 hours. Actively using it for browsing and other stuff for 3-4 hours. Playing a few games for hour or 2, average calls and a few sms. I have 3G on too. If i just use it for calls and occasionaly surfing while keeping wifi off other times, then i get around 36 hours. So is this normal guys?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
People, I have a weird bug with my Battery Saver, and I don't have an idea what to do about it, really. I unplugged my phone from my computer, where I was charging it an syncing media to it at 0:14 midnight: .

It was showing 1 day and 15 hours estimated time remaining. Great, nothing to worry about, so I went to sleep.

When I woke up, I looked at my phone, which was idle the whole night, no syncing, WiFi connectivity, anything wireless, absolutely nothing, tap+send off, BT off, location off, and such stuff, all was set off. And when I looked at my battery saver, it showed what? This: .

1 day and 15 hours estimated time remaining? WTF? Why is it static, when there passed 8 hours of my sleep? In the first weeks, when I got the phone, this "estimated time remaining" would increase to like 5-6 days during the night, but now it stays static.

What is this, why is this happening? I want an approximately accurate estimated time remaining, and not some bogus stuff. What can I do to resolve this? I tried to do a soft, hard reset, ordinary reboot, and nothing has changed.

Thank you for all your help + greetings!

Last edited:

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
NOKIA LUMIA 720 I MISS YOU!!!

Batery on L920 after 100 charging cycles is running weird... i go to bed (wifi activated) with 20%/30%.. but when i wake up the phone is OFF.... :unhappysweat:

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

What charger should I use for charging my Lumia 920? I've heard to not use the one that came with the phone. So what is a good charger I should buy so my phone has better battery life? I need my phone to last me 15 hours and I have yet to have that happen.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

What charger should I use for charging my Lumia 920? I've heard to not use the one that came with the phone. So what is a good charger I should buy so my phone has better battery life? I need my phone to last me 15 hours and I have yet to have that happen.

Where did you hear not to use the supplied Nokia charger and why did they say not to use it? I either use the supplied charger or the wireless charging plate for my 920 and get decent battery life either way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte