Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If it's faulty, why it is not consistently faulty? This is solid state electronics.

Mine has had days of running with 80% charge left and the end of the day, but many more days with 10% charge left. And it's not because of use.

Why would one night it loose 5% an hour and other nights 0% an hour? Same place, location etc.

There are 2 potential reasons:

- Software bug where background processes are left running
- Hardware issue where a PCB shorts out something periodically

Nokia have had enough reports of this by now to identify the cause. They need to come clean and either do a recall exchange if it's hardware, or push an update out ASAP.

exactly. I'm sick of hearing that I have a faulty phone, as this is my second Lumia with that issue. There's no way this just a case of bad hardware.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

My phone is not faulty, WP8 is and maybe the 920 as well. I've done my research, everything is turned off. Why we need to turn everything off eludes me, my 900 had everything on 100% of the time and I had zero battery issues. The 920 and WP8 is a flop, end of story. If I've said it once I'll say it again, I wish I still had my 900, it was a far better phone than this POS 920 with WP8.

Andre.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

My phone is not faulty, WP8 is and maybe the 920 as well. I've done my research, everything is turned off. Why we need to turn everything off eludes me, my 900 had everything on 100% of the time and I had zero battery issues. The 920 and WP8 is a flop, end of story. If I've said it once I'll say it again, I wish I still had my 900, it was a far better phone than this POS 920 with WP8.

Andre.

Just curious is your setting for mobile network of Lumia 920, set to highest connection speed 4G or 3G ?

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Just curious is your setting for mobile network of Lumia 920, set to highest connection speed 4G or 3G ?

4G-LTE, same with my 900 that had zero issues with LTE. My 900 didn't have any issues with LTE for 6 months, so why would my 920? If the 920 has issues with LTE it's unexceptionable, and what would be the point of owning a 920 if it can't handle LTE? I've tried wifi always on and the results were worse BTW. This is a hardware or software issue end of story. My guess is Nokia and MS will both come out with new hardware/software in the next few months fixing the issues with the 920 and WP8. By that time I'll likely have a different phone with a different OS.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just today I had 3 day standby time for like the first 3 hours of use, then I went on the internet to research some things and the battery fell 10% within like 15 minutes of use, and whenever I checked the standby time, it kept on saying only 5 hours. I had to restart it to get it back to 1 day left standby time, but after a few minutes of gentle use it dipped back down to an extremely low standby time of a few hours.

Tall Guy

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I was experiencing battery life issues as well. On Monday 2/18, it was 100% at 10 PM est. By Tue morning,2/19, it was at 17%, yes...17%. I did some searching and followed the suggestion of letting it run bone dry, so it won't even try to start up. Then, I charged it to 100%. Next I turned off everything running in background tasks. Additionally, under Settings/System/Wi-Fi/Advanced, I unchecked all 4 boxes. When I left work at 5 PM, it was showing 100%. I talked on the phone to 2 people driving home, for roughly 60 minutes. I set it on the counter when I got home. At 10 PM when I went to bed, it was 95%. Wed morning 2/20, it was at 92%. Last night when I got home at 5:30 PM, it was at 85%. So, roughly 15% loss in 24 hours. Granted, it was a relatively light use day, but still way better than before. It seems to be working fine now.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

OK at this point I've tried everything including a replacement phone. Yesterday I installed Battery because it has an alert that tells you when the battery is darning abnormally fast. In the last 8 hours the alert has chimed three times. I'm done with posting and complaining, I'm done with WP8 and I'm one with the Nokia 920, it and WP8 are dead in the water.

Take care and goodby.

Andre.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

OK at this point I've tried everything including a replacement phone. Yesterday I installed Battery because it has an alert that tells you when the battery is darning abnormally fast. In the last 8 hours the alert has chimed three times. I'm done with posting and complaining, I'm done with WP8 and I'm one with the Nokia 920, it and WP8 are dead in the water.

Take care and goodby.

Andre.

Well, last time I tried is charging my phone with stock wire charger, the OS notified me as it's full. But then I put it on wireless charger pad and the led light told me that it'll continuesto charge the phone for another 4 hours. After then I've got decent battery life. I can get normally up to 2 days with normal usages or full 1 day with higher usages. So, I think this's the problem of OS to not recognize the correct battery level of battery.

The same phone and 2 different status
#1 charge to 100% with wire charger
wp_ss_20130107_0001.png

#2 charge to 100% with wire charger then charge with wireless until the led light turns off
wp_ss_20130107_0002.png

I don't say that the status's correct or not because the truth is no smart phone can survive that long even with standby mode. My only truth bases on my experience, and my experience tells me that charging by wireless charger's more reliable than wire charger.

P.S: After charging with wireless charger, my battery remain at its 100% much more longer than usual, I can use phone moderately up to 3-4hours before it drop to 99%, so I think this's an OS issue

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Most of the time my phone will stay at 100% for an extend amount of time, but watch out!! when you get under 100% it will drop like a rock in a few hours. WP8 is a mess!!

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this issue,has been chewed to death in this forum, but allow me to vent my anger.

My Nokia turns 2 weeks tomorrow, the phone is solid I'll give you that and didn't find any major issues with wp8 either.

The only thing hampering my happiness is the stupid battery issues, 2000mAh to power what ? I have to charge my phone 3 times to barely last a day and i consider myself a moderate user.

Why does browsing wpcentral and baconit require 25 % of battery fir 30 minutes.

Uninstalled Skype, WhatsApp, nokia drive and what not. No improvement in battery life.

I have All backgrounds tasks off, i have switched off everything i found in the settings page, battery saver is in always on mode.

Nope, my phone thinks its not enough,

I move up a notch, put emails at manual sync and fb at offline always.

Still horrible battery life and if the battery app is to be trusted i have moments where there's. 41% power consumption per hour.

Just now realized the super sensitive touch which used to respond to a pencil tip is not working at all

I'm going to do a hard reset today and the issues better stop.

After that i guess replacement is the only option.

I can't believe i put my 5 months savings on this, makes me sad sometimes.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Take care and goodby.

Andre.

bye

kennethsd

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Lucky me, after 99%, it drops like other smartphone...

I know what you mean. I always wonder why it drops down so fast after staying at 100% for hours. Sadly, mine now drops 10-20% over night. I don't even know if I should send it back (would be my third). Getting pretty tired of this.

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I experience mega battery drain every now and again. A good example is yesterday: I had 43% by 10:00 and i took it off the charger at 6:45. So that's 3 hours and 15 minutes. However after restarting my phone i lasted the entire day with only 43%.

However for the most part i get around 1 day out of the battery. I'm usually at around 40% by 23:00 when i go to bed. So, i think on the occasions i get this extreme battery drain it's a background game which i didn't close properly or something like that that's sucking power in the background.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I experience mega battery drain every now and again. A good example is yesterday: I had 43% by 10:00 and i took it off the charger at 6:45. So that's 3 hours and 15 minutes. However after restarting my phone i lasted the entire day with only 43%.

However for the most part i get around 1 day out of the battery. I'm usually at around 40% by 23:00 when i go to bed. So, i think on the occasions i get this extreme battery drain it's a background game which i didn't close properly or something like that that's sucking power in the background.

I think that WP8 battery monitor is not really great one - MS should improve it ... if I have a battery drain, I might just restart my cp or to soft reset it (sometimes restart is not enough) - and a surprise, there is usually no real battery drain at all, only a false number of WP8 battery monitor, some will be a proper level after a restart or soft reset ... anyway, I can do easily a full day too and I might end on 40 % battery on the end of a day ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa