Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

irrationaljay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
lumia 920 Battery Issues

So I received my Lumia 920 (cyan) today, gave it a full charge. Now it has been 1 hour since my last charge and I only have 5 hours estimated left. I've already dropped to 77% is this normal? All I've been doing is listening to music and texting, no phone calls. And a couple rounds of angry birds.......anyone else having the same battery drain?

Chippius_nl

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Some lumia's clearly have battery issues. After a full charge mine dropped to 88% in standby. Absolutely nothing was running. Also 1 hour of surfing cost me 40%. Gonna restore it (hard reset) see if that helps otherwise it's going back :mad:

tronious

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue yesterday. Did a full charge overnight and have really been hammering on this phone for about 2 hours...

Games, 4g surfing, music playing in background, watching YouTube bids.

Currently at 92%. More than acceptable to me

Give it a good good charge and see what happens.

Good luck

FLLMTR

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It may take 3 or 4 full charge cycles to get the maximum performance out of the battery. I had the same issue with my HTC One X operating on Android. After about a week of use and full charge cycles at night, the life of the battery was much better.

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Last night I went to bed with a full charge, at midnight. When I woke up at 7am it was empty and on power saver mode. My iPhone 4 could stay standby for a full day without a problem.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Do a restore (battery life shouldn't be this bad out of the gate). If a restore doesn't fix it then you might need to exchange it. I speak from experience as my phone's battery was terrible, then after a restore and a full charge it seems normal.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, since I have the phone exactly how I want it. Ugh, sucks I never had a problem like this.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Let it die then full charge

Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
According to my phone's stats, it's been 7 hours since I took it off the charging stand and it's at 90% remaining (18 hours estimated).

Mind you that's light use with showing it to friends, some surfing, texting, and about 15 minutes of Nokia Music to my car with bluetooth.

irrationaljay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D

There was same complaints in HTC 8X thread and someone there told that new phones needs few charging cycles before it gives full juice out of it. So give it some time to settle in.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly cannot tell if my battery life is less than stellar. I did nearly kill the battery today, but I have been using the thing non-stop and charging here and there where I can.

SeanR1221

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Major battery issues here!!

Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 7:30am. With moderate use, it was dead by 2:30pm. I let it charge to 100% and from 5:50pm to 9:30 with light usage it was critically low. I'm going to keep cycling it.

However I noticed yesterday while driving and listening to Nokia music the phone would beep three times at me. I later found out this is the speeding indicator. I also noticed my location icon on next to the battery quite a bit. The only app I could think of was Nokia drive but I hadn't turned it on at all yesterday. Regardless I turned location off in Nokia drive.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Same exact conversation with others for the past 2 years. Just charge it normally, whenever you can. You don't have to discharge it. Plug it when its low or plug it when its 90%+. But guaranteed, after about a week or two, your battery life will get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb