Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2136
Like Tree200Likes
  1. irrationaljay's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I received my Lumia 920 (cyan) today, gave it a full charge. Now it has been 1 hour since my last charge and I only have 5 hours estimated left. I've already dropped to 77% is this normal? All I've been doing is listening to music and texting, no phone calls. And a couple rounds of angry birds.......anyone else having the same battery drain?
    Thanked by:
  2. Chippius_nl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #2  
    Some lumia's clearly have battery issues. After a full charge mine dropped to 88% in standby. Absolutely nothing was running. Also 1 hour of surfing cost me 40%. Gonna restore it (hard reset) see if that helps otherwise it's going back :mad:
    Thanked by:
  3. tronious's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #3  
    I had the same exact issue yesterday. Did a full charge overnight and have really been hammering on this phone for about 2 hours...

    Games, 4g surfing, music playing in background, watching YouTube bids.

    Currently at 92%. More than acceptable to me

    Give it a good good charge and see what happens.

    Good luck
    Thanked by:
    nakialj and rockers12 like this.
  4. judas2100's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #4  
    Let your phone charge even when it says 100% battery.....almost all smartphones have this issue
    Thanked by:
    nakialj and rockers12 like this.
  5. FLLMTR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #5  
    It may take 3 or 4 full charge cycles to get the maximum performance out of the battery. I had the same issue with my HTC One X operating on Android. After about a week of use and full charge cycles at night, the life of the battery was much better.
    Thanked by:
    JamesPTao and cherryME like this.
  6. Brian McBride's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #6  
    Last night I went to bed with a full charge, at midnight. When I woke up at 7am it was empty and on power saver mode. My iPhone 4 could stay standby for a full day without a problem.
    Thanked by:
    Michael Gooding likes this.
  7. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    #7  
    Do a restore (battery life shouldn't be this bad out of the gate). If a restore doesn't fix it then you might need to exchange it. I speak from experience as my phone's battery was terrible, then after a restore and a full charge it seems normal.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

    Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

    My Blog: PixelWin

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

    nakialj likes this.
  8. Gken's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    #8  
    I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, since I have the phone exactly how I want it. Ugh, sucks I never had a problem like this.
    Thanked by:
    Viktor Malzev and rockers12 like this.
  9. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #9  
    Let it die then full charge
    Ahmed Hassan7 and nakialj like this.
  10. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Let it die then full charge




    Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
  11. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.
    Thanked by:
    kbz1960 likes this.
  12. downhillrider's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #12  
    I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.
  13. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Let it die then full charge
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.

    I'm confused, did you just argue against your own point?
  14. firewall2302's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #14  
    According to my phone's stats, it's been 7 hours since I took it off the charging stand and it's at 90% remaining (18 hours estimated).

    Mind you that's light use with showing it to friends, some surfing, texting, and about 15 minutes of Nokia Music to my car with bluetooth.
  15. irrationaljay's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #15  
    Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by irrationaljay View Post
    Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D
    There was same complaints in HTC 8X thread and someone there told that new phones needs few charging cycles before it gives full juice out of it. So give it some time to settle in.
  17. #17  
    I honestly cannot tell if my battery life is less than stellar. I did nearly kill the battery today, but I have been using the thing non-stop and charging here and there where I can.
  18. SeanR1221's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #18  
    Major battery issues here!!

    Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 7:30am. With moderate use, it was dead by 2:30pm. I let it charge to 100% and from 5:50pm to 9:30 with light usage it was critically low. I'm going to keep cycling it.

    However I noticed yesterday while driving and listening to Nokia music the phone would beep three times at me. I later found out this is the speeding indicator. I also noticed my location icon on next to the battery quite a bit. The only app I could think of was Nokia drive but I hadn't turned it on at all yesterday. Regardless I turned location off in Nokia drive.
    rdubmu likes this.
  19. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    #19  
    Same exact conversation with others for the past 2 years. Just charge it normally, whenever you can. You don't have to discharge it. Plug it when its low or plug it when its 90%+. But guaranteed, after about a week or two, your battery life will get better.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gken View Post
    I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, since I have the phone exactly how I want it. Ugh, sucks I never had a problem like this.

    You can back up your settings, messaging, and even start screen config in WP8. There are tutorials on this very site.
  21. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Let it die then full charge

    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.

    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
  23. #23  
    I've been having battery issues with my 920 also seems like it takes forever to charge and drains really quickly this is only my third day having it and I never got it to full charge the first day even though I had it plugged into my car charger on and off most of the day. I went to bed around midnight last night and put it on the charger just took it off at 7:30 and its at 99% . We'll see what happens today keep u posted
  24. badMojo69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #24  
    Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
    Hope that makes everyone feel better. Maybe now this thread will just die.
    Last edited by roboMonkey; 11-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.
  25. pavvento's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by roboMonkey View Post
    Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
    Hope that makes everyone fell better. Maybe now this thread will just die.
    The very purpose of forums is to find answers and see if there is a larger problem, don't be bitter.

    I have the same settings and programs running on my 920 as my 900. At 2am I unplugged a fully charged 920 and left it on my night table and went back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and it had 14% battery left. I will try another day or 2 before doing a hard reset.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

    Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. how much does your battery drain during wordament?
    By akiman911 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions