Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So I received my Lumia 920 (cyan) today, gave it a full charge. Now it has been 1 hour since my last charge and I only have 5 hours estimated left. I've already dropped to 77% is this normal? All I've been doing is listening to music and texting, no phone calls. And a couple rounds of angry birds.......anyone else having the same battery drain?
    Thanked by:

Some lumia's clearly have battery issues. After a full charge mine dropped to 88% in standby. Absolutely nothing was running. Also 1 hour of surfing cost me 40%. Gonna restore it (hard reset) see if that helps otherwise it's going back :mad:
    Thanked by:

I had the same exact issue yesterday. Did a full charge overnight and have really been hammering on this phone for about 2 hours...

Games, 4g surfing, music playing in background, watching YouTube bids.

Currently at 92%. More than acceptable to me

Give it a good good charge and see what happens.

Good luck
    Thanked by:
    nakialj and rockers12 like this.

Let your phone charge even when it says 100% battery.....almost all smartphones have this issue
    Thanked by:
    nakialj and rockers12 like this.

It may take 3 or 4 full charge cycles to get the maximum performance out of the battery. I had the same issue with my HTC One X operating on Android. After about a week of use and full charge cycles at night, the life of the battery was much better.
    Thanked by:
    JamesPTao and cherryME like this.

Last night I went to bed with a full charge, at midnight. When I woke up at 7am it was empty and on power saver mode. My iPhone 4 could stay standby for a full day without a problem.
    Thanked by:
    Michael Gooding likes this.

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Do a restore (battery life shouldn't be this bad out of the gate). If a restore doesn't fix it then you might need to exchange it. I speak from experience as my phone's battery was terrible, then after a restore and a full charge it seems normal.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

nakialj likes this.

I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, since I have the phone exactly how I want it. Ugh, sucks I never had a problem like this.
    Thanked by:
    Viktor Malzev and rockers12 like this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Let it die then full charge
    Ahmed Hassan7 and nakialj like this.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post

Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Please don't! Modern lithium batteries don't not like to be fully discharged and it can actually cause premature wear. Top your battery off as often as you can (use the wireless charging plates for that - that's what their for). During the honeymoon period you will be using your new 920 a lot more than normal. Let it charge overnight and as often as possible. The L920, like all new phones are smart enough to know not to overcharge. So leave it connected when you are not playing with it. After a couple days, my guess is most of the battery concerns will settle out. Unless of course, there really is a problem.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.
    Thanked by:
    kbz1960 likes this.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.

Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.

I'm confused, did you just argue against your own point?

According to my phone's stats, it's been 7 hours since I took it off the charging stand and it's at 90% remaining (18 hours estimated).

Mind you that's light use with showing it to friends, some surfing, texting, and about 15 minutes of Nokia Music to my car with bluetooth.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by irrationaljay View Post
    Hey Guys, Just an update. last night I gave it a nice full charge after my battery dropped to about 7% or so. And today after a ton of music listening, texting, and a couple phone calls, not to mention a little Angry Birds SW (love that game). I was able to push 16 Hours before it dropped to 9%. Not bad......Not bad at all. Maybe it'll improve even more going forward. Needless to say im pretty happy now. :D
    There was same complaints in HTC 8X thread and someone there told that new phones needs few charging cycles before it gives full juice out of it. So give it some time to settle in.
    I honestly cannot tell if my battery life is less than stellar. I did nearly kill the battery today, but I have been using the thing non-stop and charging here and there where I can.

Major battery issues here!!

Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 7:30am. With moderate use, it was dead by 2:30pm. I let it charge to 100% and from 5:50pm to 9:30 with light usage it was critically low. I'm going to keep cycling it.

However I noticed yesterday while driving and listening to Nokia music the phone would beep three times at me. I later found out this is the speeding indicator. I also noticed my location icon on next to the battery quite a bit. The only app I could think of was Nokia drive but I hadn't turned it on at all yesterday. Regardless I turned location off in Nokia drive.
    rdubmu likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Same exact conversation with others for the past 2 years. Just charge it normally, whenever you can. You don't have to discharge it. Plug it when its low or plug it when its 90%+. But guaranteed, after about a week or two, your battery life will get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gken View Post
    I was hoping to avoid a hard reset, since I have the phone exactly how I want it. Ugh, sucks I never had a problem like this.

You can back up your settings, messaging, and even start screen config in WP8. There are tutorials on this very site.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    I've been having battery issues with my 920 also seems like it takes forever to charge and drains really quickly this is only my third day having it and I never got it to full charge the first day even though I had it plugged into my car charger on and off most of the day. I went to bed around midnight last night and put it on the charger just took it off at 7:30 and its at 99% . We'll see what happens today keep u posted

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
    Hope that makes everyone feel better. Maybe now this thread will just die.
    Last edited by roboMonkey; 11-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roboMonkey View Post
    Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
    Hope that makes everyone fell better. Maybe now this thread will just die.
    The very purpose of forums is to find answers and see if there is a larger problem, don't be bitter.

I have the same settings and programs running on my 920 as my 900. At 2am I unplugged a fully charged 920 and left it on my night table and went back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and it had 14% battery left. I will try another day or 2 before doing a hard reset.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast