Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
No, I would buy a GS3 without hesitation. People need to stop comparing the L920 with the GS3, WP8 is flat out broken. The severely inoperable lock screen/ live tile gimmick is becoming a joke of a feature. WP8 should have been Nokia's and Microsoft's initial launch 2yrs ago, instead of these WP substandard devices.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
He's saying your opinion is crazy and for you to say those things you must be on drugs.

Maybe he simply didn't like my response, and the only way he know how to respond, was with childish remarks in a feeble attempt to discredit my opinion. That's what children do you see, they don't and can't debate things based on experience or fact, because they have none to base their opinions on.

Fact is the 920 and WP8 are both problematic and both are failures IMHO. I'm on my third phone now and all three of them have had the same battery, quality and software issues. If that makes me on drugs, well I guess I'm on drugs.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd originally bought a Nexus 4 and the L920, sold the Nexus 4 and kept the L920 just because of the glass back and fear of dropping it.
I know the 920 is just as brittle screen wise, but I kinda wish I stuck to the N4, just for the apps an customization.
I don't think WP8 will improve that situation because WP8 and Win8 are built with the silly phrase "The Best User Experience" in mind.
This has led to too many hoops for devs to jump through and difficulty in making apps to run on limited access in the hardware. Maybe this is why many apps already available are just an extension of those already on offer on the phones themselves.
I hope MS do address this point and we do get to see many of the better mainstream titles appearing on WP8.
Until then, as good my L920 is, I just get the feeling "the grass is greener on the other side" so wouldn't recommend, YET!!

The 920 has exactly the same Gorilla Glass (2) as everything else. Its no more "brittle" than anything else with Gorilla Glass.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sending it back to Amazon for an 8X. I don't care if the 8X isn't as fast

Its exactly as fast, it has the same processor and GPU ( though the Nokia has a faster response rate on the screen by a factor of two or three)

or doesn't have the Nokia maps and Nokia drive as I don't use it.

I believe you do get these on all Windows Phones now, if I'm not mistaken, or you soon will.

Build quality on HTC's, aside form the tacky buttons are superior to Nokia.

Sorry to hear you had trouble, though I wouldn't make that statement about build quality so matter-of-factly, based upon your anecdotal evidence. Its unfortunate you were unhappy, but Nokia is still widely recognized as having the best build quality second only to Apple perhaps. HTC is one of the nicer Asian makes though, certainly much nicer than Samsung at least.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You do realize that you will ALWAYS see a lot of complaints and such on a forum like this don't you? That's how it works. People who have a gripe will put it in here but people who like something will rarely go out of their way to say how good it is. You have to take this stuff with a grain of salt. As for me, I can't think of anything out there that I would want more. I do like the idea behind the Galaxy Note II but I'm just not interested in going back to Android right now. I just really like the WP8 UI and it suits my needs much better. It also works better between me and my husband (he has one also) because it allows us to share things in a way that's far easier than any other device. It just works for us. So I'm sticking with it for the foreseeable future. For the record, the only other device that even has my curiosity going is Blackberry Z10.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No, I would buy a GS3 without hesitation. People need to stop comparing the L920 with the GS3, WP8 is flat out broken. The severely inoperable lock screen/ live tile gimmick is becoming a joke of a feature. WP8 should have been Nokia's and Microsoft's initial launch 2yrs ago, instead of these WP substandard devices.

And I wouldn't make assumptions for other people. I came from the Galaxy S3 and while I think it's a nice little phone, I decided to move away from Android. I don't think WP is broke at all and it's really just your opinion. That's not to say it couldn't stand some improvements but I can say that about ALL the OS's out there. I've had MANY phones and all the major OS's available and I happen to think this is the smoothest and freshest one going. But of course, that is MY opinion.

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes. All new Smartphones these days seem to always have a bad batch or two. My htc One X had a host of issues. The GS3, well what about the SOD or whatever it was. And I've also read on one forum about dead pixels, lags etc. My Lumia 920 froze on me like 2 in the 3 mos since I bought it. Are there things to imrove on? Sure. But I'd still buy it if given another chance. Although I might get the red one hehehe...

Maseroche

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably have chosen the 820 just because I think that the 920 is a bit too big and heavy. Not knocking the 920, it's a fantastic device but it's not exactly for me.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
i had 920 since 3 months, first one used to just shut down randomly, returned for warranty exchange, new one is awesome, so YES, i would buy another Nokia Phone, new phone has some dust in the front facing camera, i rarely use front facing camera i don't even know how this is going to affect the video. other than these 2 issues i am loving my Lumia 920, great battery life, nice GPS

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
People really wanted to like the L920, but Microsoft and Nokia dropped the ball big time on this. And the sad part is Microsoft doesn't have the vision to develop reliable worth while apps for their own OS.

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I would choose Nokia again in the future but the Lumia 920? **** no. Already got burned twice, never again.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Dude, get a windows phone. Just do it. I have had all of them and I am not kidding. Andoid is too messy, immature, laggy, unreliable and insecure. The thousands of apps on google play are very low quality. iOS gets on my nerves. I wouldn't buy anything Apple anyways, not for the price and what you get. iOS in my opinion is really old in the tooth, don't be an iSheep. Get something better. Windows phone 7 and especially 8 is fantastic, in virtually everyway. It is fast, it doesn't need a 1 million GHz CPU or 10 GBs of RAM, basic specs and this windows phone runs like a dream. Its beautiful to look at, elegant, functional, useful, practical, secure, fluid, reliable and it never ever lags. It is completely rock solid. I love it an I will never go back. get a HTC windows phone, I recommend the 8X. That's what I have ordered. HTC phones are the best built and the best to look at in my opinion.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 phones I carry around with me on a daily basis. iPhone 4S, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920.

iPhone4s
- Too small and the UI interface is dull. Notifications work a lot better than Windows Phones but I really dislike the toast counts.

Nexus 4
- Better than the iPhone. Widgets are great and the app game selection is good. Its defiantly the phone you want to have when your sitting down chilling watching TV

Lumia 920
- It doesn't have the app and game selection but for your on-the-go phone its amazing. I recommend Lumia 920 as your on-the-go phone

I would defiantly get another 920 I have a Black one right now. If I had a chance to get a Yellow or Red I would jump on that right away.

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I wish I hadn't wasted my upgrade on the 920. I have a red 920 from AT&T. I was a big fan of WP7 where I purchased an LG Quantum on day one. I liked the "Fresh" OS so much that I jumped immediately to WP8 as soon as it became available. I chose the 920 because of Nokia's track record for updating/upgrading deficiencies. However, given the constant uphill struggle with battery life, and an even more troubling issue that happens whenever I try to end a call, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pass on the 920 for the new BB10 Z10. I left BB for WP7 because it had gotten stale, and the new Z10 appears to be enough to try and pull me back (if I hadn't wasted my upgrade).

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yes, 100 times. love every bit of this phone, no problems, great apps, great build, and enjoyable constant development. also great community like wpc and great consistent freebies from nokia

neoxphuse

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
After having this phone for a week (red 920), it is absolutely amazing. I've had the 3G, played with the 4/4s/5 and it's all the same stuff. Looks terrible and seems everyone thinks they're pretty cool with one, but they all look the same so no. You know it's getting the dull when the 50's have it.

I'm not an expert on Android as my gf has a crappy telus android phone so I can't comment on it. It's OK. But I'm in love with my 920. Best phone on the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos