Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No - on my third Lumia 920 now and i could (and may) technically return this one.

Phone 1 - Yellow Lumia 920 bricked within 14 day return window, received a red Lumia 920 in exchage
Phone 2 - Red Lumia 920 locked up four times while charging overnight, returned on 4th lockup and AT&T ordered a replacement
Phone 3 - Red Lumia 920 - no bricking or lockups yet; however the top of this phone is not secure to the screen and makes a clicking sound pressed...

There are things I really like about Windows Phone 8 but waking up in the morning with your phone off and you are supposed to be "on call" is not cool...

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Without hesitation. It is the best phone I have ever had. Sure there are some minor glitches in the OS and some apps, but I am confident they will be fixed. I had some early lock ups, but have not had a single lockup in several months. Every other phone has early hickups as well, so Nokia and Windows Phone 8 are not alone. As the market share grows, so too will app availability. I think 120,000 apps in a couple of years is pretty good.

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Would definitely buy Nokia again. Build quality is awesome, and bundled apps pretty good also. Windows Phone 8, on the other hand, I'm not so sure. Clearly rushed to market before it was ready. I had to buy a clock, dialer, and calendar apps, for crying out loud. These are basic functions, functionality I had years ago with my old school Blackberries. Big step with the PDF fix the other day. Need Other Storage problem fixed ASAP. On the other hand, integration with my enterprise's MSFT apps (e.g., SharePoint, Lync, Office) is great. So mixed bag with WP8. But the Nokia is solid as a rock.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
you have to admit it at some point that what we have here is BETA phone !!

WP is wonderful and Nokia is going to be great but not until the next year or after :angry:

My phone has a very good camera and maybe a little bit better than other phone of the LAST year so what about the 13 mb camera of the phones of this year !!!!!!

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence. As much as I love this phone most of the time, excessive dust under the FFC and a useless proximity sensor have really put a damper on my spirits. I just spent ten days with no phone waiting for Nokia repair... They returned it having cleaned out most of the dust, saying nothing was wrong. Already dust is showing again... ungh.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
you have to admit it at some point that what we have here is BETA phone !!

WP is wonderful and Nokia is going to be great but not until the next year or after :angry:

My phone has a very good camera and maybe a little bit better than other phone of the LAST year so what about the 13 mb camera of the phones of this year !!!!!!

No.

There is no phone that is the best at everything. There is no phone OS that offers everything.

WP8 is a pretty great OS. Some may prefer something with particular features not present yet. That's fine.

Other OS's don't have the features that makes me love WP. They dont have the things I love about my Nokia.

Different strokes for different folks. And just because it's not everything to everyone, doesn't make it a "beta" phone.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
No. I don't even like supporting the WP platform at work, anymore. Since I don't have much to do with WP for the next few months, at work, I'll just take a peek, sometime later this year, to see if even some of my gripes have been rectified (merely the feature losses from WP7--WP8 as an entire ecosystem - I'm not even asking for MSFT to try and compete vs Google or Apple).

Dzyen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, no.

Quality control on these devices was super inconsistent. All three of the Lumia's I owned I returned due to FCC / Vibration Rattle / Creaking / Light Leakage / Etc. Windows OS is pretty good and it'll be there once things like the notification centre hit.

Unfortunately Nokia has seriously put me off it's products, even though apart from the above issues the Lumia 920 is an amazing phone.

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I bought 2 Lumia 920 and both are working great; fast performance, long battery life etc... I had issues with battery drain but turned out it was some apps that were draining it (like wheel of wealth, it was so bad). I sometimes wonder at some unlucky folks who had multiple Lumia 920 not working for them.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, your comments will be helpful for me and other people who wants to buy. I'd be more happy if you say which phone you would prefer over Lumia.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
No.

There is no phone that is the best at everything. There is no phone OS that offers everything.

WP8 is a pretty great OS. Some may prefer something with particular features not present yet. That's fine.

Other OS's don't have the features that makes me love WP. They dont have the things I love about my Nokia.

Different strokes for different folks. And just because it's not everything to everyone, doesn't make it a "beta" phone.
lucky you :smile:

I am not a person who ask for features but :
1- Browser can not open a tab in background is not the best browser !! has no nevagation for youtube video , come on !!
2- Contact app missing a lot of features to be fine , I don't like to have 3rd party app !
3- I am really missing fast toggle !! Don't do it microsoft but at least give the developers the ability to ... I am at map app , the app tells me your GPS is not on !! So give me the ability to do it without closing the app , the same for bluetooth when sending photo !!
4- Setting is missing dozen of Basic setting like sms ringtone , keyboard volume control ....
5- Maps is outdated , google map much better , and offline nev is *** !!
6- I don't even want to start talking about apps , you would say that you should have know it before buying !! NO , nokia said that it is working on whatsapp version then nothing !! where is microsoft apps and games that we promised to have !!

when you see the new phone released at the end of this year , then you will know what I am saying !!! and Nokia already knew it and not having a lot of phones manufactured at the release date even though wp8 was late , and also samsung and other phones companies !! as an example No HD display for htc and samsung and No 13 mb camera !!!

BrentPW

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely buy another. The phone itself has been solid. No product is without issues (although I personally have not noticed anything major with the Lumia). Enjoy the OS. Keeping it simple, just wanted to report a currently positive ownership experience.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely buy another. The phone itself has been solid. No product is without issues (although I personally have not noticed anything major with the Lumia). Enjoy the OS. Keeping it simple, just wanted to report a currently positive ownership experience.
I didn't get why you would buy another. You seem happy with Lumia. :straight:

HazLocRob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the 900. I bought it in August, not knowing it was being replaced so soon. I wanted to love it, but couldn't. The Camera was horrid. Luckily for me, the 900 decided to separate the the screen from the body and I got a 920 as a replacement. No looking back now! Yeah, XBox Music sucks the big one and Bluetooth won't connect to my Lenovo Yoga, but I love my 920. Hells yeah I'd buy another Nokia.

J Hisham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get why you would buy another. You seem happy with Lumia. :straight:

I think he meant he would definitely buy another Lumia, since he's so happy with it.

Personally, I love the Lumia, from the build to the OS to the touch sensitivity (which is buttery smooth), albeit there are some improvements needed to to make the OS everyone's cup of tea.
But hey, it's like they say, no OS is perfect but this one's got a lot of potential if MS starts taking their consumers' request seriously.
The OS is still in it's infancy, and I'm really looking forward to what lies ahead. It's all the same story with any OS from iOS to Android to BB. For instance, when iOS first came out it was pretty basic, any personalisation you wanted to make, you'd have to jailbreak the phone (and thank god for that).
So I guess what i'm trying to say is, if we're patient enough, we might see great things from MS. Hang in there.
As for the hardware, no complaints, lovin' it. But I do pity those who've had issues left and right. My heart goes out to you guys.

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would, although im on my second 920, the first one had an issue. It made a rattling sound, I returned it and exchanged for a new one and have had no issues.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence. As much as I love this phone most of the time, excessive dust under the FFC and a useless proximity sensor have really put a damper on my spirits. I just spent ten days with no phone waiting for Nokia repair... They returned it having cleaned out most of the dust, saying nothing was wrong. Already dust is showing again... ungh.

For the record, putting a little compressed air to the top speaker will clear the proximity sensor issue. I've had it happen a couple of times, but a little spray fixed it each time. It's worth not having to stick with my Droid Incredible though. I couldn't stand Android any longer, and HTC is a crappy company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte