02-10-2013, 09:19 AM #1
- 35 Posts
Hope you're doing alright. Got the L920 a couple of days back and since W8 is a new OS to me, I'm having a few issues.
1. ##634# only displays the color white and 00:00:00 although I've made and received several calls - why is that? Is that the correct life-timer code?
2. What is the quickest way to silence the phone? Do we still have 'profiles' which we can customize? I need this because when I sleep, I do not want it to ring or vibrate. But at meetings, it should only vibrate and not ring. I'm currently going to settings and manually setting it each time.
3. Is there some screensaver that displays the time/date and notifications even when the sleep button on the phone's side is pressed? Its gonna be a pain if you actually have to turn the screen on everytime you want to check if you've missed a call, received a text sms or a new email.
4. On the main screen, why can't I see battery, network signal, wifi signal at the very top all the time? I only see the small time clock on the top-right corner and to see the others, I have to press and slide down in that vicinity to temporarily display these.
5. Apps - I've got whatsapp and skype, stuff that I need most. What do you guys recommend as must-have apps for the L920?
Many many thanks for the assistance.
02-10-2013, 09:30 AM #2
- 138 Posts
Thats interesting, the life timer worked on mine pre portico, now it only displays 00.00.00, as above.
To silence the ringer, briefly operate the volume rocker and tap the top right hand corner where ;ring+vibrate appears and 'ring' will disappear.........repeat to enable the ringer...........To disable vibrate, you have to do it via 'settings'
02-10-2013, 11:44 AM #3
- 38 Posts
1) no idea what you mean.
2) volume button on the side, dont need to unlock but do need to wake it up. keep pressing down until it gives a buzz
4) the following ought to be a good getting you started kit :)
NEWS: BBC, Time,Nu (dutch news site) I prefer these over rss readers, if you are happy with rss readers try pulse or weave.
TRAVEL: tripit, you airport app, world clock, gMaps (nokia maps doesn't have proper transit coverage globally)
BANKING: your banks app
MISC: weather. skydrive. Connectivity shortcuts. linked in, facebook,
PHOTO: fantasia painter free, photo locker (for private or sensitive pictures)
- By slyduck1208 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
- By ptb127 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM
- By pirarre in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM
- By r590 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2011, 01:05 PM