Lumia 920 camera speed

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I posted previously about this issue and tried some of the suggestions. I have also googles it and have not found anything.

The Lens is great. The camera app is slow. The problem I have is I push/tap to take a picture and there is a delay of 1-2seconds before it takes the picture.

I have turned on/off auto focus assist. I have turned off/on the flash. I have adjusted the other settings but nothing speeds up the time between
when you press the button and it actually takes a picture.

On my Iphone4, I push the button and it immediately takes a picture.

any other thoughts or suggestions. I love the phone but I take a ton pictures, which is one main reason I went with the Nokia. But I am losing pictures due to the
delay.

Thanks.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It is what it is. Great phone, but for those moments when you see something and want to snap it really quickly, its frustrating when you watch it auto focus, pause and then............... take the photo.

I have a 2 1/2 year old son and quite a few pics I have of him are taken about 1 second AFTER it is what I wanted to capture.

Holding the physical camera button half way down focused helps, but you can't use that method all of the time.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You must of had a magical iPhone because the image speed on my 920 is AMPLE times quicker than my old iP4.

The delay I think is it auto-focusing.

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you push the camera button quickly it takes them fast. I have had no problems getting clear focused pictures of my son running around.

Never had a problem
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you push the camera button quickly it takes them fast. I have had no problems getting clear focused pictures of my son running around.

Never had a problem
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I'd love to see a sample of these pictures by not letting it fully auto focus, of a moving person.

hulkkii

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 just is slow to take a picture. I think because of OIS, because lumia 820 is much quicker.
Here are some measurements: Sofica Camera Speed Testing - Results and you can measure your own device with app named CamSpeed.
Lumia 920 results look for: Nokia rm-821 and rm-820.
Focus is quite fast actually, but 8 MP image takes at least 1 second.
Many other phones use continuous focus to save time in focusing and are quicker to take the actual picture (300 ms vs. over 1 s).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss