Trouble with ending calls

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my Lumia 920. It is an excellent phone minus the inconsistent battery drainage where one day it goes all day, and the next it dies in standby.

However, I am noticing a problem that is becoming more and more frequent. I am noticing an inability to End Call when I am finished with a phone call. When I remove the phone from the side of my face after finishing a phone call, the screen never comes back on so that I can press End Call. After waiting 10 seconds, I try hitting the lock/unlock button on the side, but all this accomplishes is a half-second flash of the screen before returning completely black....basically rendering the phone unusable for any amount of time up to 10 minutes.

Is anyone else ever experiencing this??? And if so, is there any information as to what to do about it???

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are 3 possible issues here
1. If you have a protection film on your screen, that's the reason. The film may cover the "proximity sensor" (it's above the "N" of Nokia logo on your phone) and it cause this issue. You can try to peel it off and see if you still facing this issue or not.
2. There are some dust cover the "proximity sensor", yes it's possible that the dust can be get through your phone by the gap between the screen and body. You can fix this by use some dryer or your mount blown some air into the "proximity sensor" area to remove the dust. Or ask Nokia care to do it for you.
3. Your LM920 has some issues with the "proximity sensor", visit the Nokia care and see if they can fix this for you.

PS. Sorry for my broken English here

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Where exactly is the proximity sensor located????? And I'm guessing I can use canned air to clean it?????

I don't use a screen protector, so that's not it. And I can't tell if it's a dirty proximity sensor since I don't know where it is.

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Where exactly is the proximity sensor located????? And I'm guessing I can use canned air to clean it?????

I don't use a screen protector, so that's not it. And I can't tell if it's a dirty proximity sensor since I don't know where it is.
Proximity sensor is located right above the N of NOKIA logo. You can see it by watching from the right angle. Here's a photo of mine, I sent it back because of the dust:
IMG_3371pienennetty.jpg

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I looked at mine and can see absolutely no evidence of any dust or foreign matter whatsoever.

So I guess the next question is this: do I now contact AT&T or Nokia to get the problem solved?

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I looked at mine and can see absolutely no evidence of any dust or foreign matter whatsoever.

So I guess the next question is this: do I now contact AT&T or Nokia to get the problem solved?
I've had the same problem with two L920's now and you can't see the dust on the proximity sensor, but clearly you can see it on the front camera. But I think that you still can have dust on the proximity sensor even if you don't have it on the front camera yet. Just try to blow in the gap between the glass and phone body just above the NOKIA logo and you might get a temporary fix.

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I will try that, even though I'd much rather have a permanent fix instead of a temporary one....... Maybe I'll just give AT&T a call, and see what I can do about it (especially with the battery problems that exist as well).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb