Factory Reset Freezing

cthulhucometh

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement in today and was doing a factory reset before I send it back and for the last couple of hours it has been showing the gears turning icon like it's doing the reset but it seems to be frozen in that spot. I've held the power button and volume down at the same time but soon as it boots up it shows the gears again. Any suggestions?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
did the same for my return... mine stuck there for 30ish minuets and then recovered... if yours never recovers just return it. The wipe has happened already so your data is gone.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the wall charger plugged in? If not, try that. if it is already plugged in, take it out and then try the soft reset. I havent read that as a solution anywhere, but this happened to me and I kept trying for about an hour and as soon as I pulled it out of the charger, it worked
If nothing else works, your options are either to reset it manually (there's a sticky thread). You can find it here http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html
If that is too much work, then your only option is to send it back to Nokia to fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss