My phone no longer wakes up when I receive text messages

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me and it coincided with the screen going black when I made phone calls. I think it's some sort of sensor issue. I sent my phone in for repair on 1/31/13 and I am yet to get it back. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that they don't return it with the same issue or possibly worst. I have read horror stories on this forum about Nokia repair. Good luck.

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well my phone has no protection at all so nothing is covering it, and I am constantly wiping my phone down so it's not dirty... hmmm

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me and it coincided with the screen going black when I made phone calls. I think it's some sort of sensor issue. I sent my phone in for repair on 1/31/13 and I am yet to get it back. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that they don't return it with the same issue or possibly worst. I have read horror stories on this forum about Nokia repair. Good luck.

The screen goes black on me too when i make phone calls! I've read that the fix is to blow the top part of the phone with your mouth or an air duster. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.... Such a bummer... i'm probably gonna have to send in my phone to be repaired... sucks dude

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
The screen goes black on me too when i make phone calls! I've read that the fix is to blow the top part of the phone with your mouth or an air duster. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.... Such a bummer... i'm probably gonna have to send in my phone to be repaired... sucks dude

Good luck, I sent my phone in almost two weeks ago and it still has not been repaired. I am growing exceedingly frustrated with Nokia. This is already my fourth Lumia 920. The company really dropped the ball with this phone. Shame.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
happened to me.
the phone senses the proximity sensor is blocked, like it would be if the phone is in your pocket. try blowing air at the top edge by the FFC.
if there's a screen protector, cut off the bit above the N of nokia logo.

Last edited:

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
happened to me.
the phone senses the proximity sensor is blocked, like it would be if the phone is in your pocket. try blowing air at the top edge by the FFC.
if there's a screen protector, cut off the bit above the N of nokia logo.

Thanks for the tip but I don't use any protection on my phone at all, and blowing used to work and it would go away for about a week and come back, but now no amount of blowing will help it anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte