3 little nightmares!

Alex_A

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
explorer fails to recognize m.a.n.y navigation details on web-pages, for instance

1- forget about trying to target the "delete" button in facebook, is it just an illusion or why doest just vanish in front of your eyes?
2- forget trying to post using your phone here on "windows phone central" (!?), the keyboard just goes away and disappears every time
3- you cant post in your facebook fan-pages either or business pages internally or using the fb-app, you can only update your private profile status, to upload an image thats also just an illusion, unstable is a keyword when using explorer in a Lumia WP8

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
l920
heheh I looked up at the forum platform cuz I thought that I am on another forum !!

You went into IE and in settings set it to desktop then refreshed the page? Something be wrong with your Lumia this works for everyone else who has a L920.

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
my biggest issue with mobile IE is that the text doesn't reflow to fit the screen after zooming. For the most part I really like it, but that issue really is a pain in the tail. As for facebook, i've completely stopped trying to use the L920 for facebook. It's a joke that a phone with such deep facebook integration in the OS has such limited facebook functionality. I carry my iPod Touch 5th gen or Galaxy Note 2 around with me to use Facebook and other apps for now while using my L920 as a mobile hotspot .

Alex_A

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Explorer feels like it could be a nice browser but its not finished. I want to be able to use explorer to surf the web, facebook, whatever i want without having to get a different darn app to be able to post of watch every single page or thing.

Signing in to Windows Phone Central for instance... also impossible to do with your Lumia 920 WP8.
its kind of ridiculous dont you guys think? You cant do it because a certain file that is required when trying to do it is not recognized by wp8. So you have to go to your PC or go through your Google account witch is not what you wanted to do in the first place.

Dont get me wrong I love my Lumia 920 because of the camera quality, design and the promising OS, I couldn't care less about 1000 more apps, if I wanted to play hacker with the phone i would have gone android but what you for instance nowadays say is "corporate safety" measures built into the OS is interfering with our average use of the phone, not been able to look for or move files between apps for example is totally horrible, dont you get it?

I did my choice very conscious of what i wanted but this is Microsoft its not a rookie company we are talking about, common scripts seem to have been overlooked, but then where are the updates to fix such basic things?

The looks, camera and beautiful interface are things that are not going to keep me/us from changing to another brand/OS thats for sure. I do want to keep it Nokia and Wp8 because i like them but not to any cost. All of us that went Lumia 920 and Wp8 paid a LOT for the phone so it was a very conscious decision, so be smart and do your part MS. See Its the sum of stuff lacking not the existence of more apps that makes even a fan to realize I cant support something that is not been improved at a fast rate. You Microsoft and Nokia should be releasing small software updates every single week (!) till you get it right.
Till you for instance can say our browsing experience is second to none.
That kind of attitude makes us "fans" to be willing to stay with your and support further.

Its the small diligent actions that make the difference and awakens feelings of loyalty towards the product, not hearing about an update and having to wait for it for 3 months.

Last edited:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, the Lumia 920 is fine piece of technology, but I have to agree that these little niggles need to be addressed asap. I'm in no way tempted to get rid of my device (simply love it too much), but I really need to feel that Nokia and Microsoft are working flat out to iron out the creases.

I have yet to suss out the camera. Putting aside the astonishing low light pictures, my 920 is currently getting its butt handed to it by my girlfriend's ancient HTC Desire HD. . .
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Alex_A

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
... these little niggles need to be addressed asap. I'm in no way tempted to get rid of my device (simply love it too much), but I really need to feel that Nokia and Microsoft are working flat out to iron out the creases.. . .

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

+1

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
This was extremely difficult to post in IE on the Lumia 920, but after a lot of freezing, screen jumping around, I managed to posted this in the quick reply box. The "reply to thread" option wouldn't load.

On desktop mode.

Alex_A

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
and the thing is we haven't any browser alternatives to choose from, at the same time thats exactly what i wanted, a few working apps not myriads of half-working stuff
to me WP8 was supposed to be the perfect choice between IOS brilliant effectivity but to closed and narrow minded ways and Androids overload of tricks that made you go dizzy.
and sure the basic idea is there, much is great, hardware is brilliant but they must be updating and giving us fixes fast to the most basic stuff, im only afraid "fast" is not the way these 2 companies are able to work and that they made the system to closed to be as user-friendly as i expected, it was very close to perfection though, but i truly hope im wrong and we see some action in the near future.

sometimes files are not detected by all of the programs that could be used to open them, they seem to be encapsulated within that singel app, but you are not allowed to look for them or move them, not been able to fix that just by browsing the apps "folder" myself and moving it, that to me is beyond comprehension.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro