Facebook notifications keep increasing and won't clear

lschaumer

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
For a while now I have been getting an increased number of notifications on my Me Life Tile on my Nokia 920 that does not clear after checking them. Before I would go to the notifications window, checked all the highlighted new notifications in red, gestured upwards and they were cleared, now this only changes the colour of the notifications but it continues to show on the life tile and the number keeps growing, I now show about 32 new notifications but there isn't any new ones! any ideas as to what I can do clear them?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I presume soft reset didn't work?
Swipe the whole panorama in ME tile - so what's new etc etc, keep swiping left, left, left or right, right, right.

If that doesn't clear it - manually sync your facebook from settings - emails + accounts.

lschaumer

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I was hoping that it worked but about an hour later the none existing "32 new items" have shown up again, tried going to manually sync Facebook from settings - emails + accounts but I don't see that option, all I get is a screen with facebook settings; Account name: Facebook User name and Password:cry:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I was hoping that it worked but about an hour later the none existing "32 new items" have shown up again, tried going to manually sync Facebook from settings - emails + accounts but I don't see that option, all I get is a screen with facebook settings; Account name: Facebook User name and Password:cry:

Oh, don't tap on "Facebook" in the list. Just long-hold Facebook, then the drop down will have two options: sync and delete. That's where you hit sync.

lschaumer

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's Back!!!!!! It seems to clear out for an hour or two after attempting to clear it by using all steps you suggested, but it reappears on the live tile!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried unlinking and relinking the Facebook account? I think this is more do to with Facebook side than phone because mostly phone is over coming it temporarily but then it keeps coming back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium