Editing Contacts on Nokia disappear after Active Sync with Exchange

milnav1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why editing a contact on the Nokia920 and then syncing to the exchange server doesn't work right? I edit, sync and the contact disappears. Its still on the server, and I have to go in and mess with "display as" setting to see it again on the phone. Any help or insight appreciated.

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Without knowing the exact problem, it might be more technical.
But it sounds like you are editing a name and it is moving the name to a different letter on the phone,
eg: Ben Smith would be displayed in B if displayed by first name but if names have ended up in wrong box it could end up under S for Smith Ben.

ninny1176

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Check with your admin...your Display As settings may be defined at the server level (FirstName, LastName - or - LastName, FirstName). As Mark said, it may be relisting in a different order.

abaofsweden

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
No, not the case for me. The contact is not displayed in a different order, e.g. under LastName or FirstName. It is gone from my contacts list on the phone. Searching for it gives no match. It disappears directly when I try to edit the contact on the phone. From the phone I open an exchange contact - no linking to Facebook or Linked-in etc. just a contact I only have in My Contacts on my mailbox account on the exchange server not an account from the GAL. I add an extra number e.g. mobile phone #2. - Gone! The contact is still on the exchange server but my edited number is not on the server. I have to edit the exchange contact on the server from outlook contacts and then sync the phone and then it is back. (But the number added first, when editing on the phone, is gone).

Suzanne K

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
This case of disappearing contacts is happening on my phone as well. Very frustrating. I tried to make a call just yesterday and the contact I needed was no where to be found. Also sometimes as I am entering a new contact a message pops up that tells me this contact will be hidden ~ what!?! Why is that?!?

matther

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 720. When I edit a contact in Outlook on the phone and save it, the contact just disappears. It is still there in Exchange but not accessible anymore on the phone. Sometimes, the contact shows up again some days or weeks later. I have no idea why and how to initiate a forced sync or rebuild.

tehany

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
also happening with my lumia 625, exchange server 2013. only editing contact to add email address, and the contact disappear. only edit it in the server and restart the phone help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss