2 Lumia phones cannot be connected over bluetooth

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

we are trying to connect my Lumia 920 and my wife's Lumia 800 over bluetooth (for the first time) . Bluetooth is active on both phones. Both phones can find each other but when we select "Tap To Connect" it takes few seconds and it says Could Not Be Connected :eck:

Any idea why and what we we should do to get 2 Lumia phones connected?

Many Thanks

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is supported by WP7

Edit: If the Lumia 800 has WP7.8 you could try the Nokia application "Bluetooth Share" which may do what you want

Last edited:

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is supported by WP7

Edit: If the Lumia 800 has WP7.8 you could try the Nokia application "Bluetooth Share" which may do what you want

WHAT? please don't say two Lumia phones cannot be connected to each other over bluetooth???? my other 10 years old phones can do that

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
WHAT? please don't say two Lumia phones cannot be connected to each other over bluetooth???? my other 10 years old phones can do that

As I understand it, this is possible only if both phones are running WP8. So the Lumia 920 has this capability, but the 800 does not.

However as I mentioned, the Nokia Bluetooth Share app may do what you want. As Curtieson says, would be useful to know what you are trying to accomplish here...

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

we are trying to connect my Lumia 920 and my wife's Lumia 800 over bluetooth (for the first time) . Bluetooth is active on both phones. Both phones can find each other but when we select "Tap To Connect" it takes few seconds and it says Could Not Be Connected :eck:

Any idea why and what we we should do to get 2 Lumia phones connected?

Many Thanks

I've tried to connect my Lumia 920 and Lumia 800 (via Nokia's BT file sharing app) and it works.

The way it works is that once the connection is done, then it will disconnect. Try to send a picture over via BT app on the Lumia 800 to the Lumia 920. You will get a prompt about an incoming file prompt on the Lumia 920 and when you accept, it will connect automatically. Try to share a picture via BT on your Lumia 920 and you can share it to your Lumia 800.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to connect my Lumia 920 and Lumia 800 (via Nokia's BT file sharing app) and it works.

The way it works is that once the connection is done, then it will disconnect. Try to send a picture over via BT app on the Lumia 800 to the Lumia 920. You will get a prompt about an incoming file prompt on the Lumia 920 and when you accept, it will connect automatically. Try to share a picture via BT on your Lumia 920 and you can share it to your Lumia 800.

Where can I get this Nokia's BT file sharing app? Shall I look for "Nokia BT" in app store with both phones?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
We got Lumia 800 1 week ago. I cheked the Update and it says no update is available. How can I find out whether it is wi 7 or win7.8 ?

Can you resize the tiles on your start screen or are they all one size? (When you click and hold on one, is there a pin in the top right and an arrow in the lower right?)

Else, go Settings -> About and there is a line that says "Software"

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You only need Nokia's Bluetooth Share app on the Lumia 800 after upgrading to 7.8. Lumia 920 does not need the app because BT share is built in on WP8
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you resize the tiles on your start screen or are they all one size? (When you click and hold on one, is there a pin in the top right and an arrow in the lower right?)

Else, go Settings -> About and there is a line that says "Software"

yes I can. Then I believe it is win 7.8 already ?!!!

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

It works just the way you descirbed. Thanks :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I idin't know that being able to change the size of the tiles is a win 7.8 thing and Win 7 cannt do that. Now I know :) thanks

Make me feel like an old man...

Ohhhh, back in my day...we had Windows Phone 7.0...we didn't even have copy or paste! You youngin's have it so easy with your different sized tiles and and everything.

[We didn't get Copy/Paste on the phone until WP7.5]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro