Spotify on the 920

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues? First I couldn't log-in and after I re-install I got that handled and now it won't play any track that I search for.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I got no issues with mine. Not been using that much, to be honest, but that'll change once my bands release is pushed out for streaming!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues? First I couldn't log-in and after I re-install I got that handled and now it won't play any track that I search for.

Remember, it is beta. I'm sure lots of issues will be resolved. Mine works fine though.

This is a Beta and for good reason. Basically it's broken. Can anyone use offline Playlist?

Yes. My Offline playlist works just fine.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems to run much better in the background, compared to what it did on WP7.X, and compared to other third-party music services.

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I created a Playlist with my desktop app and then attempted to play offline. The first song plays & stops. I then 'starred' all the songs and it played thru all the songs on the desktop app but when I try to play on my Nokia 920 Spotify says "the playlist is not avaliable while in offline mode"

Can u give me a step-by-step on how u play ur Playlist offline?

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
When I went from my iPhone 4 to my 900 Spotify was awful. This looks like a port of the WP 7.5 version, so I'm staying far away from Spotify and sticking with Xbox Music which I think is the better service anyway. The only thing missing is the social connection. I'm not a fan of people seeing what I listen to anyway, so its nbd for me.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I created a Playlist with my desktop app and then attempted to play offline. The first song plays & stops. I then 'starred' all the songs and it played thru all the songs on the desktop app but when I try to play on my Nokia 920 Spotify says "the playlist is not avaliable while in offline mode"

Can u give me a step-by-step on how u play ur Playlist offline?

You need to actually download the songs on your phone. What I did:

1) Create Playlist on my desktop App
2)Open Spotify app.
3)Select Playlists
4)In Playlists go to songs and make sure "Download" is set to yes. at the top
5)I'm not certain about this part but I believe you need to leave the app open and on the songs page
6)You will notice one by one that the song names are getting bolder or may have an icon next to them

What you can do to verify It is working is, after about 10 minutes of leaving it on the songs page, switch your phone airplane mode. Close spotify by backing out then reopen it. Head back to your playlist and go to the songs page again. You should notice that some tracks are bold and others are greyed out. The ones in bold will play. The greyed out ones won't. Repeat steps above.

Strangely enough, today while it was downloading the music, when I was on the main playlists page, there was a progress bar next to songs where it displays the number of tracks. I'm guessing it was a download progress bar. Not sure!

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I finally gave up on the beta Spotify. Plain & simply - it's broke. Rhapsody is the answer for now. Why?

1) It's stable
2) Offline Playlist works
3) Subscription sale going on now. 3 mos for $5 thereafter $9.99 month

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs