Lumia 920...an awesome portable music player

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is now 1 month old..there are things I like and dislike..but theres no doubt in my mind that L920 is the best music player as far as smart phones are concerned..
I am not an audiophile but have keen ear for music and listen to a wide genres of music

The sound quality is not only well balanced but when you listen through good pair of cans (I use Shure when idle and Klipsch while on move), you can appreciate the tight bass (a bit more bass would be nice though), broad sound stage and warmth in the music.
For a portable device the volume it produces is mind blowing...especially the built in speakers..these tiny grills at the bottom produce clear and pleasant sound for your bed-room or while with a group of friends
I haven't experienced any distortion at full volume...

Nokia music is a big bonus but will like to see more to the existing list of songs

Dislikes
Desktop syncing app is pathetic
Lack of album arts
The supplied earphones are decent but don't do justice to the L920's music prowess
Don't use equalizer much...have definitely used the Dolby enhancement...I didn't find it of any distinct advantage...infact it spoils the bass to some extent
Lack of volume bar...have to reach for volume rockers all the time...just hate it
Should be able to toggle audio enhancements from with the music hub

I really feel L920 is an awesome portable music player and with few refinements can give iPods, Zunes and others run for their money...

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The built-in speaker of Lumia 920 is the best ever device I have ever owned. I never play my music through speaker before I owned Lumia 920.
Now, every night I play some Nokia Music through speaker before sleep. :) (It helps me sleep better)
And I love the speaker to be built at the bottom, it won't block the sound when I'm holding it. (Android devices are very stupid, speakers are unanimously built at rear)

Nokia Music is excellent as well, the mixed radio is great. I just hope Nokia Music+ service landed my country as soon as possible. I definitely will upgrade the paid version.

Lumia 920 + Nokia Music, the best combination!!! (But I wish more gestures or soft button controls over the player like you wish)

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The built in speaker has nothing on my Kindle Fire HD which I use as a portable loud-music device but I agree the device coupled with NM+ is amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes