Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By palandri

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Had a warranty replacement done with AT&T. Sent back with the prepaid USPS return label on the 4th of February. AT&T hasn't received it, no tracking update whatsoever.

God. The USPS is worthless.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Typical government operation.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Typical government operation.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    This is so upsetting. I'm looking at $450 out of pocket that AT&T will charge me. And I'm still dealing with the USPS for an eBay item I sold in November of last year. They lost it, and have refused to even start an insurance claim after 3 months. They claim they're still "investigating" and I've had to refund the buyer out of pocket. I hope they just shut down. They're worthless.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Did you do the return through ATT where they sent you the box and a prepaid label you had to put on the box? If so, that is not USPS. It goes through usps, but the tracking isn't USPS it is Newgistics (smart label).

I know this because I am dealing with the same thing. I've shipped mine back over 2 weeks ago and there is no record of it whatsoever. What I am hoping happens is that it is just sitting in their returns department, yet to be scanned because they are lazy. There is a pretty big thread about this on att's support site.

there must be a tracking number of some kind.
    if this is newgistics/smart label check here: Package Tracking
    and for the future, if you a sending an item of any reasonable value/importance, don't use USPS, they are awful!

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Word to the wise, have replacement shipped to your local store and return your old one there. Its no longer your problem and never use anything the governments involved in, you'll always end up getting screwed.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Did you do the return through ATT where they sent you the box and a prepaid label you had to put on the box? If so, that is not USPS. It goes through usps, but the tracking isn't USPS it is Newgistics (smart label).

I know this because I am dealing with the same thing. I've shipped mine back over 2 weeks ago and there is no record of it whatsoever. What I am hoping happens is that it is just sitting in their returns department, yet to be scanned because they are lazy. There is a pretty big thread about this on att's support site.
    Yes, AT&T sent me a box and a prepaid label. Dropped off at USPS, but the New Logistics tracking does not even show that they ever received it from the USPS.

I really hope I don't have to pay for this.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    there must be a tracking number of some kind.
    if this is newgistics/smart label check here: Package Tracking
    and for the future, if you a sending an item of any reasonable value/importance, don't use USPS, they are awful!
    There isn't really much I can do when they send a prepaid label. I'm forced to use their service.

Oh ****.. I just dropped off my phone there yesterday..
    Last edited by gbbg; 02-16-2013 at 03:32 PM.

PIN
    No
    I had a replacement device sent back as well. It took two weeks!

As long as you sent it back within the 10 or 14 day window allowed, and it's postmarked to show that, you'll be fine.
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    There isn't really much I can do when they send a prepaid label. I'm forced to use their service.
    Then you shouldn't be responsible for it after you mailed it.

I don't think the post office is that bad. It gets bad when a 3rd party gets involved, like newgistics.

I use to get packages from NewEgg in 2 days. Now NewEgg has DHL pick it up and deliver it to a local post office for delivery. I am lucky to see my NewEgg orders in a week now.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    ninjaap likes this.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    If the label was created by AT&T and if USPS has record of you dropping it off, you won't be held liable for the loss since AT&T most likely insured it.
    I always ask for a receipt that I dropped it off.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    I always ask for a receipt that I dropped it off.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    I do this with any carrier that I go to with pre-paid labels. I've pissed a few UPS workers off that way that are to lazy to print one. What I really like about it, is it gives me a time and date stamp to work off of if anything gets lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jdriscoll636 View Post
    I do this with any carrier that I go to with pre-paid labels. I've pissed a few UPS workers off that way that are to lazy to print one. What I really like about it, is it gives me a time and date stamp to work off of if anything gets lost.
    Can we do that?? Get a receipt for something that's prepaid? Man we should make this a sticky.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbbg View Post
    Can we do that?? Get a receipt for something that's prepaid? Man we should make this a sticky.
    Absolutely...it helps to make friends with your local USPS. I ship so much they know me by name and depending on who waits on me I don't even have to ask for a receipt sometimes.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbbg View Post
    Yes. They are required to do it if you ask. If they refuse to give you one or sat that they will scan them latter, I would take the package and ho somewhere else since if they don't scan it and steal something from it, you will never be able to prove that you gave them anything without a receipt. Always ask for them to scan it and give you a receipt.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    Yes. They are required to do it if you ask. If they refuse to give you one or sat that they will scan them latter, I would take the package and ho somewhere else since if they don't scan it and steal something from it, you will never be able to prove that you gave them anything without a receipt. Always ask for them to scan it and give you a receipt.
    This. I'm learning the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    I've heard the exact same thing about UPS and FedEx numerous times. To the point where I ignore complaints and just ship with whoever I feel like. Just get a receipt when you drop off the package.

Mine was received by AT&T/Newgistics who-the-heck-ever is responsible for it. Relief! Got an sms from AT&T too.
    Their returns department is just trolling you. I went through the same crap with those jokers at AT&T. They kept emailing me stating that they hadn't received my phone. I eventually received a text stating that the phone had been received over 2 weeks ago
    Tracking numbers people.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Tracking numbers people.
    tracking numbers aren't the issue. OP has a tracking number anyway, it's just not showing anything. Proof of having dropped off the package is the best way in cases like that. This doesn't seem straight up USPS it's some blend of shipping stuff.

I used to work for FedEx CS and for SmartPost where it gets passed off to the USPS you better hope there are no issues because tracking pretty much cuts off at that point and its ****, if not impossible, to find your package if it's missing since each service can't see anything and redirects you to talk to the other, tracking number be damned. I think there was a special department dedicated to smartpost but I seem to remember it as being hard to connect customers to for whatever reason and you couldn't really call them you had to send some message with all the right info on some obscure form somewhere and hope they called the guy back looking for his package. It supposedly took forever. Once again, get proof from someone that the package has been sent, it's the best way to prove it was sent. Tracking numbers aren't perfect.

Mine showed up at AT&T about 14 days after I dropped it in the mail. Hope yours eventually trickles back. Doing the "ship to store" method does sound safer.

Global Posts
    1,748 Global Posts
    Gotta love the USPS bashing!