USPS lost return Lumia 920 to AT&T

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Had a warranty replacement done with AT&T. Sent back with the prepaid USPS return label on the 4th of February. AT&T hasn't received it, no tracking update whatsoever.

God. The USPS is worthless.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Typical government operation.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
This is so upsetting. I'm looking at $450 out of pocket that AT&T will charge me. And I'm still dealing with the USPS for an eBay item I sold in November of last year. They lost it, and have refused to even start an insurance claim after 3 months. They claim they're still "investigating" and I've had to refund the buyer out of pocket. I hope they just shut down. They're worthless.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you do the return through ATT where they sent you the box and a prepaid label you had to put on the box? If so, that is not USPS. It goes through usps, but the tracking isn't USPS it is Newgistics (smart label).

I know this because I am dealing with the same thing. I've shipped mine back over 2 weeks ago and there is no record of it whatsoever. What I am hoping happens is that it is just sitting in their returns department, yet to be scanned because they are lazy. There is a pretty big thread about this on att's support site.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Word to the wise, have replacement shipped to your local store and return your old one there. Its no longer your problem and never use anything the governments involved in, you'll always end up getting screwed.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you do the return through ATT where they sent you the box and a prepaid label you had to put on the box? If so, that is not USPS. It goes through usps, but the tracking isn't USPS it is Newgistics (smart label).

I know this because I am dealing with the same thing. I've shipped mine back over 2 weeks ago and there is no record of it whatsoever. What I am hoping happens is that it is just sitting in their returns department, yet to be scanned because they are lazy. There is a pretty big thread about this on att's support site.

Yes, AT&T sent me a box and a prepaid label. Dropped off at USPS, but the New Logistics tracking does not even show that they ever received it from the USPS.

I really hope I don't have to pay for this.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a replacement device sent back as well. It took two weeks!

As long as you sent it back within the 10 or 14 day window allowed, and it's postmarked to show that, you'll be fine.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There isn't really much I can do when they send a prepaid label. I'm forced to use their service.

Then you shouldn't be responsible for it after you mailed it.

I don't think the post office is that bad. It gets bad when a 3rd party gets involved, like newgistics.

I use to get packages from NewEgg in 2 days. Now NewEgg has DHL pick it up and deliver it to a local post office for delivery. I am lucky to see my NewEgg orders in a week now.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If the label was created by AT&T and if USPS has record of you dropping it off, you won't be held liable for the loss since AT&T most likely insured it.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I always ask for a receipt that I dropped it off.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
I do this with any carrier that I go to with pre-paid labels. I've pissed a few UPS workers off that way that are to lazy to print one. What I really like about it, is it gives me a time and date stamp to work off of if anything gets lost.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do this with any carrier that I go to with pre-paid labels. I've pissed a few UPS workers off that way that are to lazy to print one. What I really like about it, is it gives me a time and date stamp to work off of if anything gets lost.
Can we do that?? Get a receipt for something that's prepaid? Man we should make this a sticky.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can we do that?? Get a receipt for something that's prepaid? Man we should make this a sticky.

Absolutely...it helps to make friends with your local USPS. I ship so much they know me by name and depending on who waits on me I don't even have to ask for a receipt sometimes.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes. They are required to do it if you ask. If they refuse to give you one or sat that they will scan them latter, I would take the package and ho somewhere else since if they don't scan it and steal something from it, you will never be able to prove that you gave them anything without a receipt. Always ask for them to scan it and give you a receipt.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes. They are required to do it if you ask. If they refuse to give you one or sat that they will scan them latter, I would take the package and ho somewhere else since if they don't scan it and steal something from it, you will never be able to prove that you gave them anything without a receipt. Always ask for them to scan it and give you a receipt.
This. I'm learning the hard way.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
and for the future, if you a sending an item of any reasonable value/importance, don't use USPS, they are awful!
I've heard the exact same thing about UPS and FedEx numerous times. To the point where I ignore complaints and just ship with whoever I feel like. Just get a receipt when you drop off the package.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine was received by AT&T/Newgistics who-the-heck-ever is responsible for it. Relief! Got an sms from AT&T too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb