Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just want to share something what happened to me right now and WARN other Lumia 920 users.

Well I took a picture of my girlfriend taking a shower yesterday ;) and after examining sharpness of "water drops" ;) I deleted that photo from my camera roll.
    Now when I pick up my phone and unlock it to see something, that very same photo showing on photo hub live tile !?!?!!?
    Guess I was surprised (luckily nobody else close to me). Then I double checked camera roll to see did I really deleted that photo, and yes I did, photo is not there.

So just warning all of the others who takes a pictures that you want to keep for yourself, be aware, even if you delete it, it still shows on tile on your home screen !!!!!

did you try reboot/ soft reset your 920?

you can choose the background picture on the picture hub setting if reboot/ soft reset cant slove the problem. Never go for hard reset before you try anything. :)

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    It goes away after half an hour or so. I guess it runs a background job to pick and resize the photo its shows on the tile.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

Thats not just a lumia issue - Happens on all WP8 devices - only way i have found of stopping it is remove the tile from the start screen turn your phone off and back on again then put the pictures tile back where it was.

Had a rather embarassing moment with a deleted picture so had to find a way to solve the issue quickly.
    Thanked by:

...A girlfriend and a Lumia 920 in the shower! So, it actually CAN get more exciting! Anyway could it be that the displayed picture was a skydrive backup pic?

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    Well I took a picture of my girlfriend taking a shower yesterday ;) and after examining sharpness of "water drops" ;)
    Could you post it so I can compare if any of my photos are as sharp?

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    If you define favorites, it will only show those pictures on the tile/in the hub.
    mkmarine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewhayward View Post
    Could you post it so I can compare if any of my photos are as sharp?
    it's on r/gonewild ;)

mine doesnt

Mine does the same thing. I figured it was pulling them from SkyDrive. Surprise pics always brighten my day.

You can tell it to stay on one pic, or define favorite pics
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    it's on r/gonewild ;)
    oh yeah?

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    You can tell it to stay on one pic, or define favorite pics
    If you define some favorites, it only shows them. If none is defined it just shows randomly selected from pics saved on the phone.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I took picture yesterday, deleted after examining pixels ;) and then later at evening restarted L920, Live tile showing picture today. Picture is not saved on skydrive.
    (Joke, if someone want to see if it behave same way on other L920 I can send picture ;) , anyone ? ) LOL

BTW when I unlock phone now it shows different picture, so who knows..... (maybe better safe then sorry, remove tile, restart, back with tile ? )

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    It must be a skydrive issue; I removed some racey pictures I'd previously taken the other day because they were showing in the photo tile, but since backing them up onto my PC and into a 'locked album' app, they no longer appear in the photo hub tile.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hesketh7085 View Post
    It must be a skydrive issue; I removed some racey pictures I'd previously taken the other day because they were showing in the photo tile, but since backing them up onto my PC and into a 'locked album' app, they no longer appear in the photo hub tile.
    How can it be skydrive issue? I do not save images on skydrive !

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    How can it be skydrive issue? I do not save images on skydrive !
    Its definitely not Skydrive. The solution I found works. So the only thing i can think of is that it stores images in a cache for the live tiles so even when pics are deleted the image is still in the cache. It takes removing the tile, restarting the phone and replacing the tile to clear the cache of deleted images

Global Posts
    1,663 Global Posts
    Strange. Send me the pic so I can see if its in metadata. 😊

It happened to me as well and I don't use SkyDrive and I am on a HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Its definitely not Skydrive. The solution I found works. So the only thing i can think of is that it stores images in a cache for the live tiles so even when pics are deleted the image is still in the cache. It takes removing the tile, restarting the phone and replacing the tile to clear the cache of deleted images
    Yep. I've noticed deleted images appearing in the tile rotation several times... slightly annoying, usually a couple of resets does the trick for me, but not always. Re-pinning the tile sounds like it should finish the job.

OP, it might be a good idea if you take the advice of a couple people in this thread and just set up a bunch of "favorite" photos for your tile to rotate through. That way, you don't have to worry about evidence from sporadic encounters with your girlfriend showing up at the wrong time ;)

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Deleted tile, restarted L920, back with tile, let see if this helps.

I had the same problem, can be embarrassing but I just open up the picture hub and hit shuffle background and it seems to solve it for me.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I thought it did but no, it was because they were uploaded on Skydrive and I hadn't deleted them there.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    Here is an alternate warning: don't take stupid pictures, or any you would regret, with a mobile device. BTW, if you linked the camera to a skydrive (or other) account, you might also want to check there for an additional copy.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    East fix was listed above. Once you start adding pics as favorites the live tile will only use those marked as favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    it's on r/gonewild ;)
    Pretty sharp picture I have to say :P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast