Problems with Gmail Attachments

Kimberly Chancey

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows 8. I love the phone, but I'm noticing an issue with my Gmail account. When I send emails with attachments (.jpgs) from my computer to my Gmail account and then try to open them on my phone, the attachments won't download. My phone tells me the "Download didn't complete. Try Again."

Trying again never works. I've done a bit of reading online. Someone mentioned that if the ".jpg" is capitalized, it will download. Strangely enough it seems to work. However, then I run into another problem. If I send larger pictures (130KB +) they come out very blurry. One 37KB image came out fine.

Both my Hotmail and Outlook accounts work fine on the phone. It's only Gmail giving me problems.

I have tried using Gmail as an Exchange account, but that didn't change anything. I've checked for updates but none are available.

Does anyone know of a way to get around capitalizing ".jpg" to get it to download OR how to fix the blurry issues for those larger pictures?

Thank you in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077