Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. juan6996's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
       #1  
    Phonedog is polling users for which phone maker designs the best phones. Vote Nokia! (We're barely beating HTC at this point)
    Who designs the best looking smartphones?
  2. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,238 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,911 Global Posts
    #2  
    We're almost 1000 votes up from HTC. :)
  3. failed1234's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #3  
    Phonearena.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
  4. Highdefjunkie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #4  
    Wow. You know that Apple's is losing it's mojo by this poll. I just got a 920 for work and my two co-workers got a Iphone 5 and they both said that my 920 is so freaking sexy. They were jealous over the screen size and build. They loved it. Iphone 5 looks and feels like a small toy.
  5. justcurious#WN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by highdefjunkies View Post
    Wow. You know that Apple's is losing it's mojo by this poll. I just got a 920 for work and my two co-workers got a Iphone 5 and they both said that my 920 is so freaking sexy. They were jealous over the screen size and build. They loved it. Iphone 5 looks and feels like a small toy.
    iPhone 5 can be used one handed and has much better apps. Some people prefer small devices. My Lumia has been reduced to my weekend phone.
  6. failed1234's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #6  
    Why does everyone hate on the iPhone? I think it's a lovely device, just a bit small.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
  7. Highdefjunkie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rappr View Post
    iPhone 5 can be used one handed and has much better apps. Some people prefer small devices. My Lumia has been reduced to my weekend phone.
    You must have small hands.
  8. Highdefjunkie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Why does everyone hate on the iPhone? I think it's a lovely device, just a bit small.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    They don't. It's a beautiful phone, but it really hasn't changed in 6 years. People get bored. Adding a row of apps does not cut it.

    Saying this if it wasn't for WP8 I'd own a Iphone. Tried Android a couple of years ago and good lord I could never get it right. Too much tinkering to get it working they way you want. I like the simplicity of Apple and MS. Their Os's just work out of the box. No rooting or any of that silly stuff.
  9. Andyshine77's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by juan6996 View Post
    Phonedog is polling users for which phone maker designs the best phones. Vote Nokia! (We're barely beating HTC at this point)
    Who designs the best looking smartphones?
    When I first bought my 920 I was voting for it, I now vote against it. I even posted the only honest review of the 920 and WP8 I've see. I used the same user name I have listed here. Sorry, but the 920 and WP8 does not deserve my vote of confidence after all the issues I've had with the 920 and WP8.
  10. Rico's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #10  
    The poll was for best looking phone OEM, not best phone experience. Your experiences with Nokia, as unfortunate as they sound, do not qualify for this poll unless you truly don't like the look of recent Nokias compared to other OEMs.

    That said, I voted Nokia as I truly love the design put forward in their Lumia line. It's bold, both in design, and color choice, and distinct. I've used pretty much all the major smartphones of the past year and find Nokia's phones to be the most visually pleasing out of all of them.
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

    I'm on the Twitters.
  11. Andyshine77's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    The poll was for best looking phone OEM, not best phone experience. Your experiences with Nokia, as unfortunate as they sound, do not qualify for this poll unless you truly don't like the look of recent Nokias compared to other OEMs.

    That said, I voted Nokia as I truly love the design put forward in their Lumia line. It's bold, both in design, and color choice, and distinct. I've used pretty much all the major smartphones of the past year and find Nokia's phones to be the most visually pleasing out of all of them.
    What does look have to do with anything, if the phone itself doesn't work?? If the phone worked as advertized I personally wouldn't care how it looked. A phone isn't a fashion statement, if you think it is get a life.
  12. devize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    What does look have to do with anything, if the phone itself doesn't work?? If the phone worked as advertized I personally wouldn't care how it looked. A phone isn't a fashion statement, if you think it is get a life.
    Dude, this thread is on a poll for who designs the best looking phones. How it works has nothing to do with this thread. There are many other threads on that topic, this is not one of them.

    Anyway, I voted for Nokia but I was so tempted to pick HTC after the One launch. That phone is so nice, I got to say I think I like it more than my Lumia 920. The silver aluminium looks great.
    Last edited by devize; 02-21-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia on Facebook: See something amazing this weekend
    By cedarlog in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
  2. What to expect on Nokia on September 5 ?
    By maplewebb in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM
  3. Lumia 900 Ranked #1 on PhoneDog
    By baseballbert in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
  4. PhoneDog live 17/2001. Sidney talks about new Nokia Devices.
    By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM
  5. Nokia WP7 device, [not any official/unofficial leaks]. based on x7.
    By jc0196 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions