Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My Palm charging plate will charge my 920, but was a little worried that it might somehow damage the 920 if the current/voltages are the same.
    Unlocked, 32Gb Lumia 1520 :-)

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Since the Nokia's use the Qi wireless standard I would assume anything built to that standard would be safe to use with the Lumia 920.

I think the Palm wireless charging dock pre-dates the Q1 standard. I'm going to try using my touchpad charging dock and I'll post the results.

Alas, the touchpad charging dock works too, but it won't align with the charging coil unless you lie it flat, bummer! I may have to fashion an adapter so I can charge it in an upright position. Now if we can just get Nokia or somebody to copy the Palm/HP "exhibition mode" so that the 920 will display a big clock or photo slideshow while parked on the wireless charging pad; that would be way cool.

I am using a Philips Qi charger. It charges just fine, no problems at all.

you should be fine! Im using an energizer pad. I've had it since Dec.. Working great so far!

I have a Maxell QI charger that works just fine.

Another thread mentioned the new Google Nexus QI charger doesn't charge Nokia devices (and Nokia chargers don't charge Google Nexus devices).

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobPro2 View Post
    Alas, the touchpad charging dock works too, but it won't align with the charging coil unless you lie it flat, bummer! I may have to fashion an adapter so I can charge it in an upright position. Now if we can just get Nokia or somebody to copy the Palm/HP "exhibition mode" so that the 920 will display a big clock or photo slideshow while parked on the wireless charging pad; that would be way cool.
    If you have the Nokia Charging cradle it can be set up to actually do that with the NFC chip.

Any Qi charger will work. They have this symbol on them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails qilogo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    Any Qi charger will work. They have this symbol on them
    In theory, but the Google Nexus chargers have proven this to be wrong in at least one scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by pjs37 View Post
    If you have the Nokia Charging cradle it can be set up to actually do that with the NFC chip.
    pjs; Do you have a link where I can get more info on that? I guess I would still a miniature easel or some way to keep it propped up so it can be seen.
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    In theory, but the Google Nexus chargers have proven this to be wrong in at least one scenario.
    Oddly enough although they say it is a Qi charger, I don't see a Qi symbol on it. Must be Qi "with ads from Google" or something :)

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    I use a Energizer 3 place qi charger pad. 2 phones fit on the device plus a USB available for charging. I use it every night with my 8x. And charges my sons 920 just fine. Look it up online. Very nice looking charger too.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by BobPro2 View Post
    pjs; Do you have a link where I can get more info on that? I guess I would still a miniature easel or some way to keep it propped up so it can be seen.
    Thanks...
    Nokia has one already, called DT-910. It's a stand-up charging plate with NFC chip. Once you put the phone on it, 920 will show the clock.
    Thanked by:
    pjs37