Error code 8000ffff

NickTB

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So I replaced my handset yesterday as the original kept shutting down. Now I'm getting the above error code. When I go to the store, it tells me there are 6 downloads waiting. Click on them and I get the error. Does anyone know what this means? or how i can at least clear them from the store?

Thanks,

Nick

Maseroche

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me when i hard reset my phone. I had 35 downloads pending that i couldn't do anything about. i tried re installing the apps that i remember having and it brought that down to 24 apps pending. I can't clear them and i can't update it so i'm just stuck with them on my store. Might be doing another hard reset and start over fresh without installing the backup.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get this on a restore. I just cancel and they normally go away.
It's normally to do with specific app from Nokia which don't appear the store.
If you go to your account page at windowsphone.com, reinstall the app from there and normally, the additional apps normally come back again as updates.
It may take time for them to reappear.

Maseroche

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get this on a restore. I just cancel and they normally go away.
It's normally to do with specific app from Nokia which don't appear the store.
If you go to your account page at windowsphone.com, reinstall the app from there and normally, the additional apps normally come back again as updates.
It may take time for them to reappear.

Thank you for your tip but I have tried that as well and none of the apps in that page can be sent to my phone for some reason. Any way I get a notification that I have an update and then one of the apps in question gets loaded up so it appears that it's a matter of time before they all clear.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, check you have "Send Applications to phone" checked in settings>find my phone. That way, when you use windows phone.com to send apps to the phone, it works.

Matt Hill

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just had to replace my 920 this morning and found the same error while doing a restore. After playing around with it, I found that if you click on one of the apps that came pre-installed on the phone (Nokia Drive Beta for example) it takes you to the store where the app itself says 'attention required - tap here'. So my conclusion is that the marketplace error 8000ffff is trying to download an app that is already installed on the phone. I do know all of the Nokia apps were just updated to the "HERE" branding, so that could be an additional part of the download issue. hope this helped!

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I just had to replace my 920 this morning and found the same error while doing a restore. After playing around with it, I found that if you click on one of the apps that came pre-installed on the phone (Nokia Drive Beta for example) it takes you to the store where the app itself says 'attention required - tap here'. So my conclusion is that the marketplace error 8000ffff is trying to download an app that is already installed on the phone. I do know all of the Nokia apps were just updated to the "HERE" branding, so that could be an additional part of the download issue. hope this helped!

Having the same issue and am thinking the same thing. It probably also includes the app/settings that nokia updated as well. I know they changed atleast one of those names. I can't seem to find what apps I would be missing...

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this issue every time I've restored a phone from the online backup. My assumption has been that they are apps that can't be installed directly from the store because a current or previous version already exists on the phone (Nokia apps for example).
All I do is delete them from the update list in the store (go into the list of updates, touch and hold each one and a delete option will appear). Things then sort themselves out - your store app will check for updates every 24 hours, and any relevant Nokia updates get picked up then.

Qadoome

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
guys, the problem is actually in the fact that when you reset your phones the regional setting get changed too. So what you do is go to time and regional settings and set it to whatever region you bought these apps with and then it should be fine.
(Usually you would have had the region set to the US in order to get the most apps from the store, so this could be a helpful tip)

James Seay

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 920 and live in the U.S. I backed up a new replacement phone and got 16 errors for applications that need to be updated. The registration information is correct (U.S. based) and the problems still exists. I never had these problems with my iPhone and plan to switch back unless I can get the typical Microsoft demons fixed.

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
As markfive says above go to the store, hold down on each download app for a couple of seconds then a cancel or delete prompt comes up, simply delete.

JIVOTNOTO

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys I used to have the same problem and this help me... IV installed "VLC PLAYER FOR WP" and error problem is no longer popping out ...i hope it will help you 2 for me it worked... I guess it has something to do with the codecs but I'm just guessing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99