Unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 and network dropping on Telus

abarros

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I purchased an unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 yesterday, and put in a new Telus sim card. Since then, I have had nothing but network issues. It keeps dropping the signal at least every minute or two. It will show 4G, then drop to 'No Service'. Only my WiFi works.

I've never used an unlocked phone before, so I'm unsure as to what the problem can be. I've done some searching and downloaded the Access Points app from Nokia - didn't help. Also typed in the Internet and MMS apns Telus provides - also didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong? I'm extremely frustrated at this point.

Thanks in advance!
Ana

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, glad I could help.

The issue comes from the fact that 4g is different depending on the carrier. Sparing the technical details, 3g is usually the setting that fixes those types of dropping issues. I had a similar problem with my Rogers 900 on Vodafone in Italy.

abarros

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. And a little silly that it was a such a quick fix when I went around all these other methods! Now if I can just start receiving pictures via text and email, I'm all set!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12