NFC turned off decreases battery life?

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey when you turn off NFC does your battery life start to decrease pretty quick? Like 1-2% per 2-3 minutes? Also, battery in general sort of stinks... Went to bed last night with the phone fully charged and woke up and its at 90%. WiFi and Bluetooth were on

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So you went to sleep with the two biggest connection drains on and only lost 10%? If you aren't going to use it turn it off! Also background processes.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery been good I took off NFC same for bluetooth, mobile data is only on when I need it same for WIFI sometimes a leave it on for full day and last for the day as well.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So you don't really use live tiles, do you?

I have got few me, people, xbox video and music, xbox games, bbc mobile news, photos, weather, vevo, Facebook put it doesn't do much and that about it.

Im looking for more do you have any suggestions?

Added: I keep WIFI on all day and if im out of the area for WIFI I rely on my mobile data I like to keep everything updated and I do use live tiles i love them. I like how it show some information or when it changes to different images etc.

I think I best mention because I forgot to on the previous post I sometimes during the day charge the phone up for about 5 to 10 minutes maybe a bit longer if I'm not to busy.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have got few me, people, xbox video and music, xbox games, bbc mobile news, photos, weather, vevo, Facebook put it doesn't do much and that about it.

Im looking for more do you have any suggestions?

Added: I keep WIFI on all day and if im out of the area for WIFI I rely on my mobile data I like to keep everything updated and I do use live tiles i love them. I like how it show some information or when it changes to different images etc.

But if you turn on mobile data or WiFi only when you need it, surely your live tiles aren't live anymore. I had the same dilemma. With data and WiFi off, I easily got over 30 hours on my Lumia 920. But then things like Skype, Whatsapp, Live tiled apps - are all useless. So, I keep mobile data on all the time and keep running out of juice within 6-12 hours depending on usage.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So you went to sleep with the two biggest connection drains on and only lost 10%? If you aren't going to use it turn it off! Also background processes.
Just to clarify, your 3G/4G data connection is the biggest drain on your phone when sleeping. Everything else pales in comparison.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
But if you turn on mobile data or WiFi only when you need it, surely your live tiles aren't live anymore. I had the same dilemma. With data and WiFi off, I easily got over 30 hours on my Lumia 920. But then things like Skype, Whatsapp, Live tiled apps - are all useless. So, I keep mobile data on all the time and keep running out of juice within 6-12 hours depending on usage.

Oh now I understand well I had it off this morning people tile was showing there faces I did link the account to my phone contact, which put a picture to the contact with there Facebook and other things i assume it like the photos tile where it can pick up the image then display different ones it also does this for text on some of the tiles.

I turn off my connections and see what tiles still do there animation or whatever it called and name the one that do later today. :smile:

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I turned battery saver on to always on and that seemed to help.. just sort of disappointed with battery life (could of just gotten a bad apple though)

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have everything turned on. nfc, BT, always on wifi, LTE, GPS.... my battery easily lasts 36 hours. it's probably because I stay in Wifi zones at least 20 hours a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro