- 02-24-2013, 06:24 AM #1
I have searched forums but haven't found any thread for this particular issue.. If anyone of you know any of similar thread then please let me know the link and i will start following it.
As per in all previous smartphones when i allowed apps to use my location then it would work fine if gps was switched off... Apps would use cellular location which is accurate upto 200-300 mts ,
which i think is perfectly alright as most of apps doesn't need fine locations. Apps like searching for restaurants nearby or posting something on facebook with location... it should be done without using gps. I don't know if i am missing a trick here or it is also one of those things which have gone missed by MS and nokia. Even location tagging on pictures clicked were done with cellular data in my previous phones. Or there should be a alternative of automatically switching on and off of GPS when we start using app with permission to location and it should close of its own when we stop using that particular app.
- 02-24-2013, 06:54 AM #2
On my old HTC One X, I could never got any location on my phone, unless I had GPS/location services on. Did I miss something, or are you sure GPS/location was not on, on your previous devices?
- 02-26-2013, 03:31 AM #5
- By barareklam in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 42Last Post: 03-23-2013, 03:57 AM
- By cre8tivspirit in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 01-01-2013, 08:40 AM
- By iPwnza in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
- By rpm5101 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM
- By bakerwhy in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2011, 04:38 AM