Cameras: HTC One vs Lumia 920

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC wins in some other categories, most likely: build quality, battery management, weight/dimensions, and operating system.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What bugs me about the 920 in low light is that bright areas (light through windows) are always unnaturally bright. What Nokia needs in their next low light camera iteration is always-on and hardware implemented HDR support. That would be amazing.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What bugs me about the 920 in low light is that bright areas (light through windows) are always unnaturally bright. What Nokia needs in their next low light camera iteration is always-on and hardware implemented HDR support. That would be amazing.

On-chip HDR would be pretty cool as long as you could control the effect. Nothing worse than an ghost-tastic HDR-ey looking photo.

Ok, actually there's a lot worse than that (*cough* Instagram filters *cough*), but it's still obnoxious :)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
On-chip HDR would be pretty cool as long as you could control the effect. Nothing worse than an ghost-tastic HDR-ey looking photo.

Ok, actually there's a lot worse than that (*cough* Instagram filters *cough*), but it's still obnoxious :)

lol... agree... the more photography settings we can control the better. On a side note, new methods are emerging for digital HDR photography, that don't require the merging of multiple stills (No merging = No ghosting). The Tegra4 is likely going to be the first SoC to use this (marketing buzzword is chimera). I don't know how good their implementation is, but if it is good, it will revolutionize HDR imaging.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
lol... agree... the more photography settings we can control the better. On a side note, new methods are emerging for digital HDR photography, that don't require the merging of multiple stills (No merging = No ghosting). The Tegra4 is likely going to be the first SoC to use this (marketing buzzword is chimera). I don't know how good their implementation is, but if it is good, it will revolutionize HDR imaging.

Sounds good to me - can't go wrong with more dynamic range if there are no consequences. Looking forward to it :)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The top two photos go in favor of the HTC one while the last definitely goes for the 920. However, everyone and their mom has owned an HTC now and knows what software "support" means for that company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss