Lumia 920 photo softness might be a screen rendering problem!

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Thx brucexli for your app...

2 months ago Dratwister started a topic about this issue/feature... but other the me no one else answered ihhihihi

thx you again.. and i hope you will improve this app.. (double tap zoom, start from last picture etc etc etc)

Thank you for your interest in the app. Yes, all the features you want is currently being worked on.

Tyrion1984

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
1. When you shoot a photo, swipe to the right to view it. From there, click the three dots and chose "edit" from the menu. You can see my app there and you can open that specific photo directly in my app. This way it is faster than going to the start to open my app and then browse to the photo you just took.

2. That's easy. Will include that in the next release.

Thanks for your answer!
P.s. I've just bought your app ;)

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Excellent app!! So glad you took the time to develop this. What a serious flaw on behalf of MS/Nokia or whoever is to blame. So glad I found this thread and found your app!
Great work!

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Excellent app!! So glad you took the time to develop this. What a serious flaw on behalf of MS/Nokia or whoever is to blame. So glad I found this thread and found your app!
Great work!

Thank you for your kind words. If your friends also use windows phone please let them know I am adding support for all other Lumias as well. HTC 8S should be able to use the app but HTC 8X will need to wait for a few days.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
just got the update, AMAZING, this app is FANTASTIC !!!
I have bought it and gave it 5 stars, if I could I would gave it 10 stars....
@brucexli, everything works, even my subfolders with thousands of images works lightning fast
Microsoft/Nokia should give you like 10 M $ for source code and replace Sh** photo viewer they install :)

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
If people like this app they need to give it some love by providing some positive feedback in the store. I can only see a couple of luke warm reviews

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
If people like this app they need to give it some love by providing some positive feedback in the store. I can only see a couple of luke warm reviews

Thanks mrtthall. I can see from y dev account that most reviews are positive and most of them give 5 star.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Brucexli, first let me say that I really like the HD Photo Viewer, but I think the title (thread) here passes a of misinformation, which can be interpreted from the device as a problem and we know that's not it. Because it is known that the native viewer opens the images faster by not displaying them in HD quality and not zooming exaggerated.

This app (Photo Viewer HD) simply allows for better viewing of images because it consumes more system resources, I'm not complaining, even like your application and you have updates for it.
Take this opportunity to thank you for the update available today, however, change the title of this thread here, if not too much trouble for you.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, a big hug to you, and thanks for the app.
:smile:

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Brucexli, first let me say that I really like the HD Photo Viewer, but I think the title (thread) here passes a of misinformation, which can be interpreted from the device as a problem and we know that's not it. Because it is known that the native viewer opens the images faster by not displaying them in HD quality and not zooming exaggerated.

This app (Photo Viewer HD) simply allows for better viewing of images because it consumes more system resources, I'm not complaining, even like your application and you have updates for it.
Take this opportunity to thank you for the update available today, however, change the title of this thread here, if not too much trouble for you.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, a big hug to you, and thanks for the app.
:smile:

What do you think can be a proper title, please?

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
@brucexli your app is immense, I use it if I want to show off my camera because hte default viewer will screw me.

If you could give me more reasons to open it, it would be awesome. How about some simple effects? I don't know I got the app when it was free but I recommended my brother not to buy it because it is not compelling enough in its current state.

EDIT: stumbled upon this just now, could help you bridge a gap or two in the store: http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/1b75ax/best_photo_editing_app_that_doesnt_compress/

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
@brucexli your app is immense, I use it if I want to show off my camera because hte default viewer will screw me.

If you could give me more reasons to open it, it would be awesome. How about some simple effects? I don't know I got the app when it was free but I recommended my brother not to buy it because it is not compelling enough in its current state.

EDIT: stumbled upon this just now, could help you bridge a gap or two in the store: Best photo editing app that doesn't compress pictures? : windowsphone

Hi omglilol, as you may know, third party apps actually cannot delete any photo from the phone. Each time an app modifies a photo, a new copy is created in the "saved pictures" album. When saving the modified picture, there will be JPEG compression, that is not controllled by the app or the developer. The developer can chose 100% quality, but there is still compression. An alternative is to save the phone in the app's isolated storage without using system API, but that way the user cannot access the picture from the picture hub any more.

So even if I add functions such as editing / effects, it won't be any better than other apps.
I would very much like to add the ability to delete a photo, but sadly there is no API available.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
What do you think can be a proper title, please?

A rendering of the native viewer is not a problem, it is well to open the images faster.

I think the title might be something like:

Open your images with greater rendering using the HD Photo Viewer app

Just a suggestion, I do not want to cause any trouble, and again I say that I love this app.:grin:

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
A rendering of the native viewer is not a problem, it is well to open the images faster.

I think the title might be something like:

Open your images with greater rendering using the HD Photo Viewer app

Just a suggestion, I do not want to cause any trouble, and again I say that I love this app.:grin:
I know what you mean. The post was nit meant to aadvertise the app. It was posted far before I made the app. At that time, we all thought that Lumia 920 had the softness problem.

For now, I will just leave the title as it was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss