Will Hard Reset Lumia 920 causes it to brick?

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I may be screwed. Just got the Lumia 920 on ebay. It's practically brand new. The seller forgot to reset the lumia. It had all his personal info on it.

So I went ahead and reset the phone. Settings, about etc. Usual windows phone reset method (I had owned a Lumia 900 so know how to use the phone).

Anyways got the dreaded spinning gears also. Let the battery drain. But now it won't charge. Like other posters, I get the red low battery. And that's it.

I left it on the charger over night, now the spinning gears is back on. But if I try the 2 or 3 button reset, the spinning wheels will not show anymore and it reverts to the low red battery icon.

I looked up the internet and found way to restore the firmware on the windows computer.

The only huge issue is when I plug Lumia 920 into USB for computer to recognize, even with spinning gears, it will reboot itself and than show the dreaded red battery icon and the computer can't recognize the phone.

So what are my options since I got it from ebay?
1. I have an official ATT store warranty exchange around the corner where I work. (there is usually only one store each metro area that handles repairs/warranty).
I may try to play dumb and maybe they will exchange it for me without a receipt. I have the original box/charger etc the seller on ebay gave me.

2. If the ATT device warranty center won't service it I may have to call Nokia USA to setup an exchange.

3. Worst case, send it back to seller on ebay. I know I am protected by 45 day ebay protection.

And I have been in contact with the seller immediately after I received the phone and reset the phone so it's not I purposely ruined the phone myself. I was merely resetting the phone since it had he personal information on it.

ttn1185

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Charge it enough to show the spinning wheels.
Start the NCS, follow the steps, but do not plug the phone in yet.
When the NCS throws an error and ask you to reset the phone with Volume Down and Power and connect. Do that and connect the phone immediately after the short vibration.
Make sure drivers are installed correctly. You might have to redo the process again if Windows takes its time to recognize the device and install the driver.
After that flashing took about 3~5 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)