Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miesjh

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just downloaded this now on my Lumia 920 and tested it out streaming a video from my 920 to my 360. It works flawlessly and it is so fast!!! Here is the link: Play To for WP8 | Nokia Beta Labs
    Last edited by Jason De Castro; 02-26-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason De Castro View Post
    Just downloaded this now on my Lumia 920 and tested it out streaming a video from my 920 to my 360. It works flawlessly and it is so fast!!! Here is the link: Play To for WP8 | Nokia Beta Labs
    It seems that they have already updated version, dated 26.02.2013, so it might pop up to store within the next 5 days ...

I got it and it works as it should for most things.

Can't get it to stream 1080p video (taken from the 920) smoothly though... maybe it's my network...

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This also works great with the PlayTo Receiver app on Windows 8.
    PlayTo Receiver app for Windows in the Windows Store
    Music and Movies streamed right to my Surface from my Nokia Lumia! Yay.

Very cool, downloaded just now thanks

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Checked it at a friends place and it works perfectly fine with a Samsung TV or a Sonos Bridge/player. Even though I also had some streaming problems with the 1080p movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Shredcow View Post
    Can't get it to stream 1080p video (taken from the 920) smoothly though... maybe it's my network...
    Same here ... and I am pretty sure it is not my network.
    And none of my pictures would show.
    It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

Weird that this app can access the video's on the phone while WhatsApp cannot. Why???
    Duvi likes this.

Can play videos and music, but cant get any pictures to show up...is there anything special to do to show static pictures from any of my albums on the phone....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill66 View Post
    Can play videos and music, but cant get any pictures to show up...is there anything special to do to show static pictures from any of my albums on the phone....thanks
    The pictures should be streamed just fine without doing anything :-? I can stream all music, video and picture, may be it's something about your receiver machine.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ^ I didn't have to do anything to get my videos / pics and songs to work

works like a charm.. Picture, music and video streaming worked without any issues. Haven't tried streaming 1080 video shot with the phone, however it had no issues streaming a 1080 I had copied to the phone.

p.s: Streaming from my L920 to XBOX & Win8 laptop

p.p.s: I couldn't find it in the Aus Store when I searched it but got through using the QR code. Is this a region restriction or a beta release thingy?

This doesn't work for me, can't stream to either my Xbox 360 or my Windows 7 PC using WMP. My 920 thinks it's streaming, but nothing shows on either the Xbox or PC. Would be helpful if they had more help text. Also don't like that you have to exit out of the app and restart if it can't make the initial connection.

Worked great but what I really want is the ability to stream Videos/Music from my Windows Media center to the Lumia instead of the other way around.
    I record my TV shows using MCE and want to stream it to the Lumia. On my previous Android devices, I could compile the CIFS module and mount windows shares and stream shows/Music etc but seems like this is not yet possible with the Lumia ?.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    It works perfectly with Windows Media Player (turn Stream > Allow remote control of my player ON), but with PlayTo Receiver it won't show photos for me and Multimedia 8 (Multimedia 8 app for Windows in the Windows Store) gives an error about the device not being supported. So it's still a hit and a miss, but that's why it's Beta :)

just used this app with my xbox.. can't believe how well it's working!! so much faster connection/response than my PCs and my NL900
    Fireworks with Nokia Living Images (1520): http://youtu.be/QlHrQ2QDYGo
    In-Depth Surface Pro 3 User Review: http://youtu.be/G8nABpcKun8
    In-Depth Surface Pro 3 VS Pro 2: http://youtu.be/lJt0DRuzb8g
    Surface Pro 3 Pen: N-trig VS Wacom: http://youtu.be/rPkzifnJAGg
    Surface Pro 3 Pen Battery Replacement: http://youtu.be/ztoQVjX21WI
    VERY in-depth Surface 2 VS Surface RT: http://youtu.be/93mCnCNZuKY

Quote Originally Posted by ttxzee View Post
    just used this app with my xbox.. can't believe how well it's working!! so much faster connection/response than my PCs and my NL900
    Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I see the xbox on the app and even select it. But nothing shows on the xbox when I start using the app, either videos or pictures. I really want this to work, would be a cool feature.