NFC stickers

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I newly bought a set of 5 NFC stickers and have been playing around with them. ( opening URL, lunching Apps and stuff). And I am LOVING it.
But here is my question: I am very keen to program a tag to do a combination of things. For example turning on Wifi AND deactivating bluetooth AND putting the phone on silent mode all together. But so far the best I could pull of is to bring up Wifi settings menu and to then turn it on/off OR openning Bluetoth settings menu to then select on/off.

I believe in order to be able to do a set of settings in one "command" we would need to set up different Profiles. Profile 1 would be Home, Profile 2 would be Drive and so on. Under each profile there are different bluetooth, ringtone, wifi settings. At the end all an NFC is expected to do would be lunching a pre-set Profile.

As far as I know you cannot set up Profiles on Lumia 920. Bluetooth is either on/off, Wifi is either on/off. The only "Profile" I see is Airplane mode which disables everything.

Is there a way to set up diffrent Profiles on lumia 920 so that you could have a NFC sticker lunching a desired profile for you?

thanks

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Someone else might be able to shed alot more light on this but from what i have read you can only do what you're doing now. I think Microsoft need to open up the system a little more tbh. This is why i have not got any NFC tags yet. Though if you find an answer post it as I'm sure it will help alot of people

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone else might be able to shed alot more light on this but from what i have read you can only do what you're doing now. I think Microsoft need to open up the system a little more tbh. This is why i have not got any NFC tags yet. Though if you find an answer post it as I'm sure it will help alot of people

Sure. I have read in some other places that people claiming of being able to do a "series of settings" with one NFC sticker. Either they could really do it or they actually were only trying to say you could open up wifi/bluetooth/.. setting menu.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I have read in some other places that people claiming of being able to do a "series of settings" with one NFC sticker. Either they could really do it or they actually were only trying to say you could open up wifi/bluetooth/.. setting menu.

If I'm not mistaken NFC Interactor let's you create a series of actions for one tag.

This is still limited by what is allowed by the system though; so it may not be practical for some actions; e.g. you could set an action to open Bluetooth settings followed by one for the WiFi settings, but I guess you won't have time to actual change them (apart from the last action) - unless there's a way to set a delay between actions (which I don't think there is).

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3 users for example, can have even more fun than we Lumia users because Galasay S3 works with Profiles. You can have Driving, Work, Home, .. profiles and simply have a sticker activating a profile for you. But sincer Lumia does not understand Profiles, therefore most you can do is to bring up the menu options like bluetooth, wifi, .. and first then turn it completely on/off. Pity

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried this one?
Nokia NFC Writer
(not available where I live ...)

Sadly I agree. As far as I can tell it will only allow you to write a few pre-canned instructions. Despite the claims that you can "launch Apps", which sounds like you can launch any App, you can only launch a few that are pre-programmed into it.

I use "NFC Launchit" - free in the Marketplace, and it allows you to launch any App on your phone as far as I can tell.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I use NFC Launchit for my Lumia 920 and with a couple of taps you can tell it to write an instruction to launch your favorite GPS Navigation App. Touch the Tag to your phone and in a second the instruction is written to it. Go to your car and stick the tab somewhere convenient.

Voila`! Now when you're in your car and you want to use your phone's navigation App, you just touch it to the tab and the phone reads the instruction there and launches the App. No fumbling with head down etc.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6