920 Skips Lock Screen

bartholomew

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Lately, when I first turn on my 920 for the day, I notice that the phone loads up directly to the start page and not the lock screen. Quite honestly, I can't remember if this has been happening all along. I have had the phone for 3-weeks now. I also notice that, during the initial start-up , the airplane icon appears and then goes away. I checked and the airplane mode is turned off.

When the screen times out, the lock screen appears when I wake the phone, just not when I first turn the phone on each day.

Any thoughts or help?

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It is normal behavior, when we turn on the phone it always loads the the start page.
May be you have never noticed it before but airplane icon is also normal thing. When we turn on the phone SIM registers itself with the network then airplane icon goes away, it is not airplane mode.

bartholomew

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, MrA2Z and Huime, for responding and driving away my worries! I am new to Windows phones and I really didn't notice how the phone was starting. I am too used to the Android world, which I tired of over the last two years. Android got a bit stale and I find Windows Phone 8 to be such fun. I can't put the 920 down. I explore the features and the store and I love it.

So far, I have not had any of the freezing, rebooting, bricking, and/or battery problems I read about when I was deciding whether or not to buy this phone.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal that if I touch the toast notification for a text message (while locked) the phone becomes unlocked and takes me to the text message?

In my HTC Arrive I had to touch the toast notification but still unlock the phone.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is perfectly normal.

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it. I'm still getting used to the new OS and phone (From WP7.8 Arrive to WP8 Lumia 920) so every time I catch something that behaves a bit different from what I'm used to I start wondering if it's my phone or if it was designed that way. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077