Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
1337455525944.gif

It's like Skype all over again.

Last edited:

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I restarted...solved the problem. Started Photosynth again and haven't had any problems. What could have caused it? I hadn't restarted my phone for weeks before tonight. Maybe a memory issue?

natelawrence

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Photosynth mentioned back in January that they were trying to track down some problems with camera drivers on some important models.
Sounds like they didn't quite get all of them, but I'm glad the app's out.

Someone on twitter mentioned that other apps that use the camera will sometimes do this as well and that it seems to them as though WP8's camera API is actually at fault.

Windows Phone support seemed to quickly suggest:
resetting the camera settings to their defaults,
rebooting the phone,
and opening Photosynth again
to see if the problem reoccurs.

Perhaps because they've dealt with the same problem with other apps?

From what one user told me, the error is actually triggered when he closes Photosynth's lens app.

So far, every time that I've seen someone mention what device they're having this problem with, it's always been the Lumia 920, for whatever it's worth.
I'm not hating. It's just a diagnostic trend.

Happily, the problem seems temporary enough.
I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone who's experiencing this error whether rebooting the phone once avoids the error from returning after you open and close Photosynth again, though.

Last edited:

siero2h

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
The app is really great, but it give me problem with a lumia 920. I hope a fix is on the way! I'm not using it until an upgrade came out.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I 'tested' this last night, after downloading for the first time, but I'm now having doubts as to whether I should continue using it...<eeek!>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb