03-03-2013, 02:23 PM #1
- 1 Posts
The official Win 8 Facebook app is driving me nuts... it takes ages (hours) to post my location after I check in!! This app sucks generally IMHO.
Also, when I try and use facebook.com via the browser (or any other third party facebook app) I just get an error message saying "There was an error detecting your location..." when trying to check-in?
Location services is enabled in settings and maps are working. It's just anything to do with facebook and checking that doesn't work properly.
Is there anything else I can try?
03-03-2013, 06:28 PM #3
- 214 Posts
WP8 has a fantastic SNS integration - FB, Twitter, LinkedIn... I really don't see the point of even having a social network app on the phone. The one that is built into the system works perfectly. It is fast, it is acurate, u can do everything from it and doesn't waste any resources. So why in the **** would some1 use an app for FB or any other social network? Also, why on Earth did any1 bother to make such an app?Ceterum censeo, Androidam delendam esse!
- 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM #4
try updating your location from the people hub, using your Me tile.
also, facebook.com fails because you disallowed internet explorer's access to location, which is generally recommended as you don't want random websites knowing your coordinates which may be dangerous.
- 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM #5
- By Nickkk101 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 27Last Post: 02-04-2014, 06:34 AM
- By nzrocketman in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
- By joshredraider in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-29-2012, 11:02 AM
- By mrmprince in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM