I've recently won a Lumia 920 but the phone I have has a slight light leakage on bottom left corner

matthew_b06

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So, recently I won a NOKIA Lumia 920, but the phone I got has a slight light leakage on the bottom left hand corner. It seems that there's a gap between the screen and the casing of the phone (the black part of the display that connects with the rest of the unibody shell), and in dark environments, I can see light coming through the gap from the screen. I sent an e-mail to NOKIA's customer support, but I thought I'd check these forums to see if anyone else had this issue, and if NOKIA did anything about your phone.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

KAI3R

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this same slight leakage located directly left of the back button, but it doesn't bother me too much and I can only see it when all the lights are off. It's like a birthmark, it may be ugly, but its your ugly. Anyways, there is an even greater leak that I did not discover until this last week, so could you do me a favor and look for something so I can see if this is a assembly problem or a manufacturing problem. When using your phone (with the capacitive buttons lit) tilt it so that your head is by the top of the phone and looking towards the bottom, and see if there is leakage of a light beneath the home button on that edge of the screen... If so it might just be a flaw in the design that I wouldn't really expect to change if you order a replacement.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Lot's of the original shipments of the phone had these light leakages...mine has it.
Most of the new shipments don't seem to have it.
You could get it replaced...I'm waiting as so far mine is fine other than that

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
usually in country and region where are such a thing as consumer right or that they enforced it you can get a replacement, or worse you will get a repair aka disassemble and seal the leak with their preferred method. The worst case is that you will have to live with it or diy.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hi, i just got my nokia like 4 days ago and i seem to have the same problem. my problem is on both side of the back and search keys. also, the gap runs across the whole area between the unibody and that black line around the screen. i can literally insert the edge of a piece of paper in there. anyone has this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre