No Xbox Music on my Lumia 920

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So I just realized today that my Lumia 920 doesn't have the Xbox Music, after I was comparing the other Lumia 920s
When I clicked on the Store, I only have these options:
- Nokia collection
- apps
- games

While the other 2 Lumia 920s:
- Nokia collection
- apps
- games
- music
- podcasts

On the Settings -> music+videos
Mine: Empty, just the Suggestions box.
Others:
- Connect with Xbox Music
- Xbox Music cloud collection

On the Music+Videos Tiles:
I don't have the options for Store and Xbox Music Pass.
Both mine and the other 2 Lumia 920s have been updated to latest firmware and Portico as well.

Is there something that I need to turn on or install?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I just realized today that my Lumia 920 doesn't have the Xbox Music, after I was comparing the other Lumia 920s
When I clicked on the Store, I only have these options:
- Nokia collection
- apps
- games

While the other 2 Lumia 920s:
- Nokia collection
- apps
- games
- music
- podcasts

On the Settings -> music+videos
Mine: Empty, just the Suggestions box.
Others:
- Connect with Xbox Music
- Xbox Music cloud collection

On the Music+Videos Tiles:
I don't have the options for Store and Xbox Music Pass.
Both mine and the other 2 Lumia 920s have been updated to latest firmware and Portico as well.

Is there something that I need to turn on or install?

Is this one of those issues where your language AND country have to match ( for example, I cant put in spanish as language, but use United States as my country?)

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A few people were complaining about something similar a few days ago. Although I don't remember them mentioning that Xbox Music was completely missing. Here's the link so that you can try some of the things they tried:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/218212-missing-settings-music-videos.html

I think someone had to hard reset their phone.

Thank you for pointing it out. I couldn't find that thread when I was searching for it before I posted this thread.
Strange thing is I remember the first time I got my phone in December, I didn't have that settings in the first place. And after the Portico, I still don't see that setting. While the other phone that I mentioned was bought at the same time as mine. And have that settings available.
Oh.. and I wonder if the color of the phone had anything to do with it. Hahaha.. Coincidentally, the other two phones that have the settings are both Glossy Red, while mine is Black.

I really wish that I don't need to hard reset in order to get that Settings back.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is this one of those issues where your language AND country have to match ( for example, I cant put in spanish as language, but use United States as my country?)

I'm not really sure, but I have seen the other phone with English as language, but use Indonesia as country. And the Xbox Music is there.

IC Blues

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Try to change your regional format into US and restart your phone. You should see Xbox music after you restart your phone.

IC Blues

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Really? I set my phone language as English (US). My country as Indonesia. My regional format as US and my browser language as English (US). I have a friend that use similar settings as my phone and he has xbox music in the store.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Really? I set my phone language as English (US). My country as Indonesia. My regional format as US and my browser language as English (US). I have a friend that use similar settings as my phone and he has xbox music in the store.

Yeap, I used that settings before and no Xbox Music in my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99