- 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM #1
Hi guys, just left the world of Android and decided to join the world of Win8, got myself a Lumia 920 yesterday. Made this decision after getting win8 on all my home and work machines, really its running so awesome.
Here's the small issue, I actually have all my contacts stored on my google account. I already have setup my Lumia 920 to sync with my google account problem is when I go to my phone book, I actually see the names of all my google contacts but when I click them there aren't any numbers inside. Mobile numbers everything is just blank, is this a common issue and if so is there a workaround. My apologies as I noticed alot of people been having this but I notice some couldn't even sync up, mine syncs nicely names show up just that the numbers are missing.
Appreciate the help thanks in advance guys
- 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM #3
- 03-06-2013, 06:55 PM #4
Ok I've discovered the problem. Its not due to the Lumia 920 its actually due to how i stored my numbers on google contacts.
I dunno if everyone knows this but just for the record, do take note, when you store numbers in your google contacts make sure its under Mobile or Office or some proper category like that DO NOT PUT IT IN "OTHERS" that will cause it not to show up in your contact list.
Go ahead admins or mods you can lock up this thread.
Thanks again :)
07-04-2013, 04:58 AM #5
- 4 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I am about to switch from android to the Lumia phone 920 or 820. I also use google via android now which works perfectl for me and I store all my contacts and related info etc. directly online on google via my adroid phone. So, if I loose my phone, I am safe. However, my questions that nobody around me seems to be able to answer;
1. Okay so I can swap to Lumia. ( I have seen online there are special apps to do so as well, although I don't know yet which way is best yet) Will it then take over ALL the info if I do it in the right way? I mean, under google for eaxample I can fill in different names onder one contact. For example, I have a company name as one contact. Under this one contact / company, I can adjust different names online with different phone numbers. Will Nokia be that flexible to take all info over as such or, more importantly;
2. Can I keep using my google account and keep storing new contacts on google directly via lumia 920 or 820? Since under my current android, I can either store it on the phone, or on google...I wouldn't like to loose that option. I mean simply keep using my contacts the way I am doing now seems to be the ultimate, or has Lumia a better alternative? If Lumia wouldn't have this option, I wouldn't be able to use my google+ either in the same way I quess..
Please advise, thx!
- 07-04-2013, 10:19 AM #6
Your Lumia920 will grab everything stored in your google account when you register/add your gmail account on the phone. From there you can merge addresses, phone numbers and edit all you want but it will initially get everything just as you have it. Hope that helps.
09-25-2013, 11:49 AM #8
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
It is down to the Nokia Lumia 920 lack of custom labels. It's terrible that you can't have custom labels in a phone in this day and age. The N95 had it, they then removed it from the N8 stupid sods and now the OS restrictions will be blamed for the WP handsets shortfall . It's pathetic. People want to associate[merge] the carrier /network into phone label to differentiate numbers, granted not as important now that cross network minutes are abundant but still come on stop producing restrictive software
- By razor1973 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
- By ldj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
- By GreenScrew in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
- By NewWindowsPhoner in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-19-2011, 01:09 PM