LUMIA 920 Philippine users...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My Nokia Store experience :crying:

The lumia 925/928 became available in the U.S. Those models are not available in the philippines yet but I was so psyched up that I would have settled for a 920 ( not much difference with the 925/928 and I am partial to bright phones. ) I went to the nokia store in SM cebu to inquire which particular lumias enable the fm functionality after the gdr2 update and possibly buy one. And I got the worst customer service experience in my life. The rep all but ignored me in the empty nokia store. I actually liked being able to browse all the lumias without a rep looking over my shoulder but later it became apparent that it was not out of politeness but total indifference to a potential customer. After checking out the lumias, I was all set out on getting a 920 no matter the answer to the fm radio question and approached the cashier/rep. She acted put-upon that I approached her and looked at me while I was crossing the floor to her as if I was a chore she had to do and none too happy about it. I asked her about the various lumias particulary which ones had the fm after the june gdr2 update and she told me *Sir , lumias don't have radios* with a smirk on her face implying I was a simpleton. I informed her about the gdr2 update and she called to another rep inside the store who was a little more informed about the update but could not point out which lumias enable fm after the update and that I should just pick out whatever, already dismissing me to attend to something else ... in the empty nokia store. I turned to the previous rep who obviously did not want to answer any questions and she says *Come back again* even though I was obviously not yet done, then looks disbelieving at me when I did not move posthaste out of the store. I couldn't believe the utter disregard, the rudeness, the god awful *&!^# reps working on the store. I made a joking remark that it seems they wanted to get me out of the store upon which the rep just stares to indicate a silent *Yes*. I love nokia, the lumias are just about the best phones I've seen and handled but %$$@#! if I ever step into a nokia store again. No wonder the nokia store was deserted while the samsung, LG, and HTC booths were full of people perusing phones. I'm going to buy my lumia unit from sulit or online.

Are you going to write a letter to the store owner?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to write a letter to the store owner?
He should. Nokia Stores here in the Philippines are practically done on a franchise system.
One thing is clear, though. If the Nokia Store (like many others) there is also a Nokia Care Center, that's not a place where I'd send my phone for repair.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Whoa. Never have I seen something that bad in a Nokia Store. Here in Manila, the customer service from Nokia was awesome.
They even set up my 620 for me. Regarding the Nokia Stores, it's apparently set up in a franchise system. Also, the Nokia Stores with Nokia Care Centers have better customer service than Nokia kiosks.
It wasn't a kiosk, it was an honest to god Nokia Store in SM cebu's tech hub. I have not changed my mind about buying a nokia phone but I'll buy it somewhere else.

Last edited:

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
He should. Nokia Stores here in the Philippines are practically done on a franchise system.
One thing is clear, though. If the Nokia Store (like many others) there is also a Nokia Care Center, that's not a place where I'd send my phone for repair.
Too much work for so little return. I don't like to go thru the route where I'll lodge a complaint and the store owner would be put in the awkward situation to defend the rep, make up an excuse, and try to placate me at the same time. Too much drama for me. I'll just wait for the EOS and have my brother in the U.S. ship me one... after a decent time has elapsed and the prices go down to post-hype levels that is.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't a kiosk, it was an honest to god Nokia Store in SM cebu's tech hub. I have not changed my mind about buying a nokia phone but I'll buy it somewhere else.

I do hope that you write a letter to the owner. There are probably many good people that would line up to take that job from that horrible employee.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Whoa. Never have I seen something that bad in a Nokia Store. Here in Manila, the customer service from Nokia was awesome.
They even set up my 620 for me. Regarding the Nokia Stores, it's apparently set up in a franchise system. Also, the Nokia Stores with Nokia Care Centers have better customer service than Nokia kiosks.

I do hope that you write a letter to the owner. There are probably many good people that would line up to take that job from that horrible employee.

Hi winning guy! It wasn't just an employee, but employees. If it was just one of them, i would have shrugged it off and watched that new Startrek movie. More than one and it's systemic, that's why I described it as a god awful *&^%. I'd rather not go anywhere near that store, talk to anyone from that store or contact the owner of that store. Sulit.com.ph has never let me down yet, I'll just do what I normally do.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
didn't know there's a particular thread for pinoy 920 owners. going on my 2nd lumia after the first one was terribly heating up. i love the current unit i'm using partnered with smart lte. pretty damn fast.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, where can you buy quality Lumia 920 cases? All I could find are Capdase ones and I'm not liking it very much.

Don't think there are any good ones out there. Ordered mine online. Pretty much the only ones available are those you saw

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
weee..I think I have seen one in megamall..I'll check it again this afternoon for you.
Yeah I do want Otterbox but I don't know where to get them. Tenkiebox, the Otterbox distributor in the Philippines informed me that they don't carry the Nokia Lumia 920 cases.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
someone in tcp mentioned he spoke with nokia in moa and they'll be bringing in accessories for the 920 by this month. hopefully it'll be a good set and true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte