Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am a Filipino and planning to buy a Lumia 920 or Lumia 720 next month if it will be available. Would you mind posting your experiences here so far(good or bad) with your new Lumia 920.

Thanks!

Please also add details as to carrier/service provider and store where you got your device!

Kabayan there are posts/reviews regarding L920 here in the forum just search it..L920 is great...amazing phone..got mine here in thailand..

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Hi Pogi,
    Thanks!

I have a bad experience on my previous lumia device, a lumia 800 which keep on freezing and was not resolved even after 3 exchange. I have no other choice but to return it after 7 months with a refund.
    So before making a new purchase, I just wan't to make sure that Lumia 920-PH variant is actualy working here in Philippine shores without a problem.

Regards

So far so good. I find it cleaner and more user-friendly than iOS and android. If you're there for the apps, be warned, a lot of apps are missing though.

carrier: globe
    but mine is the HK version LTE enabled but it isn't supporting LTE in the Philippines (so far from my experience when a friend of mine had the LTE icon on her phone while mine didn't, but the speeds are equally the same. I guess Globe/Smart still has problems enabling the service to other phones)

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    @cuzincurly, thanks for your input. I have been lurking here @nokiaphonecentral for a long time now so I know the WP app situation, I am not that app person though. If I will not hear freeze/reboots from PH users then I am happy to go. I have not checked the local stores yet, are the local variants shipped with Portico pre-installed?

according to the nokia threat at pinoyexchange.com, the PH variants have portico in them. You could go to a Nokia store to see the look and feel of the phone first before buying.

If you have any questions, just ask. :)

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Got my 920 today, I loved this phone the moment I first saw it (September 2012 around that time). I am pretty disappointed by the low light shots I took, especially since that's where the 920 is supposed to shine

low light shots require a steady a steady hand. Try setting it to ISO 200, that also helps

I agree with Pogi, I just boiught Lumia 920 two days ago here in Saudi Arabia. The phone is really great just notice about the battery which does not stay long enough for a day but I have read some post here that it will take some time to have the battery works at its best. So I will wait and see but so far I don't have any problem with it and i love this phone! :)

Got my yellow Lumia 920 last week, and yes it is an awesome phone in every way :) it does come with Portico. So far, I haven't had any problems with my 920. My unit rides Smart's LTE signal but it doesn't ride Globe's, it's weird. But that's all right, I won't be using LTE anyway as it is a battery hog.

@albertph: the Lumia 920 takes the best low light shots vs any mobile phone now hands down (it even beats the new HTC One). You might have been disappointed because you might have set it up wrong. Try checking your settings if they are in night mode, with no flash. A very steady grip (or a phone tripod) helps a lot as low light shots tend to blur with the slightest movement. :)
    Last edited by Andi_N; 03-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

I'm currently in the Philippines from the UK and I'm sporting a Lumia 920. Bought it from Clove. I'm pretty disappointed with the network speed here. All my accounts are tied to UK region so even though I'm here, I am still paying in GBP (Nokia Music+ - 3.99 and App Store). I don't mind though as long as I benefit from exclusive services not released here, I'm fine with it. My app store is still showing apps for UK.

What is the Manufacturer Model Name of Lumia 920s here?

Quote Originally Posted by windev View Post
    I'm currently in the Philippines from the UK and I'm sporting a Lumia 920. Bought it from Clove. I'm pretty disappointed with the network speed here. All my accounts are tied to UK region so even though I'm here, I am still paying in GBP (Nokia Music+ - 3.99 and App Store). I don't mind though as long as I benefit from exclusive services not released here, I'm fine with it. My app store is still showing apps for UK.

What is the Manufacturer Model Name of Lumia 920s here?
    What area or city in Philippines ... did you try both Smart and Globe ? - usually Smart is better, but not every area - just test it by yourself ...

Ingat :)

Globe.

Network speeds here are painfully slow. Can't wait to go back to UK.

And it's pretty darn hot in here.

Quote Originally Posted by windev View Post
    Globe.

Network speeds here are painfully slow. Can't wait to go back to UK.

And it's pretty darn hot in here.
    I wish that I could be in Philippines ... as it is pretty darn cold in here :)

By the way, try to avoid using internet during rush hours there ... it might be still OK on early mornings, like 6 AM ... and try Smart too, it is usually faster one ...

I used to have sun cellular and it's great and cheaper...better net speed...

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertph View Post
    Got my 920 today, I loved this phone the moment I first saw it (September 2012 around that time). I am pretty disappointed by the low light shots I took, especially since that's where the 920 is supposed to shine
    Turn on "night mode", don't leave it on Auto for night shots.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    Turn on "night mode", don't leave it on Auto for night shots.
    I know but the other pics from the other guys are awesome, in auto.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Thanks on all your inputs so far. For those having PH-Variants, are you also having dust getting on the FFC problem?

How dust gets inside your Nokia Lumia 920's front facing camera | Windows Phone Central

Regards,

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hey guys! Red Lumia 920 owner here :) Anyone of you familiar with tipidcp.com? There's also a thread discussion there re Lumia 920 :)

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alllies View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks on all your inputs so far. For those having PH-Variants, are you also having dust getting on the FFC problem?

How dust gets inside your Nokia Lumia 920's front facing camera | Windows Phone Central

Regards,
    I'm afraid that the dust problems with the Lumia 920 are not region-specific. I've had a few Filipino cousins of mine already complaining about dust inside the front camera.

Well, so much for Nokia's "high-quality standards" if their flagship phones keep suffering from hardware mishaps like these. I never saw a problem with any lower end Nokia device like the Lumia 820.

I bought mine last Thursday and returned it the next day. The screen freezes all the time even after hard reset. I m still waiting for the reversal on my atm payment. Has anyone have the same experience as mine?
    alllies likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eric2013 View Post
    I bought mine last Thursday and returned it the next day. The screen freezes all the time even after hard reset. I m still waiting for the reversal on my atm payment. Has anyone have the same experience as mine?
    No freezes here (over 3 months) ... did you use some cover or a screen protector ? - and did you also remove that plastic from a display ?

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Hi eric2013,

I have the freeze/reboot issue on my Lumia800(unlocked). Two swapboard and one exchange but not fixed in a 6mos. period. I still manage to have the refund/reversal on my account after 7 months from purchase. If I cannot wait for the 720. I will go with BBZ10 from Smart.

If the 920-PH variants still have the dust in the FFC issue then no go for me. I am just wondering why our carriers not getting WP8-Lumias..now Globe offering the AtivS based on our corporate plans.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by eric2013 View Post
    I would suggest you to go MOA or any other SM, to test it for 10 minutes before you pay it ... all small cp shops in Philippines accept that (and there is plenty of them in every mall) ... and certainly, they are willing to give you some advices too, to help you ...

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    I would suggest you to go MOA or any other SM, to test it for 10 minutes before you pay it ... all small cp shops in Philippines accept that (and there is plenty of them in every mall) ... and certainly, they are willing to give you some advices too, to help you ...
    I won't buy a flagship phone on retailers other than OEM didicated retail stores, but you won't get the refund outright when you got a lemon. OEM can already exercise the warranty(limited warranty for Nokia) once you exit the store. You will go the painful 3R route..repair..replace..refund.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast