Lumia 920 - ATT OS/firmware update question

smchambers56

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
ATT track record with providing timely (if at all) updates for Android phones is not very good. Example (Both phones I have owned) The Samsung Infuse upgrade to GB (7 months). and now the HTC ONE X to JB. ATT was given the JB update from HTC back in late October. Just about every provider large and small has pushed JB to the ONE X long ago. But the only info you can get out of ATT is that they are still "Testing" it. So who has the final say for Nokia WP8 devices? Microsoft, Nokia, ATT? And does Nokia and/or Microsoft have more clout with ATT to force them to push out the update in a timely manner?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
usually Nokia leaks out rom way before way before they even acknowledge its existence. And you are covered with a Nokia product thanks to NCS.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So who has the final say for Nokia WP8 devices? Microsoft, Nokia, ATT?
AT&T has the final say on any phone that is AT&T branded.
And does Nokia and/or Microsoft have more clout with ATT to force them to push out the update in a timely manner?
It seems so in a few cases but not always the case. Both Lumia 900 and 920 saw very quick first few firmware updates. But after a while, it is a totally different story. For example, Lumia 900 saw first update shortly after release. Another one a month later IIRC. But 'Tango' update never came until 7.8 update.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
All Windows Phone devices are guaranteed 18 months worth of updates. Portico was just released. The next update is already in beta testing, the 3rd update should arrive around summer/fall then the Windows Blue upgrade should appear by the holidays. These are guaranteed. After that time, you're eligible for an upgrade or should be able to get updates through other means.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has the final say on any phone that is AT&T branded.

It seems so in a few cases but not always the case. Both Lumia 900 and 920 saw very quick first few firmware updates. But after a while, it is a totally different story. For example, Lumia 900 saw first update shortly after release. Another one a month later IIRC. But 'Tango' update never came until 7.8 update.

Nope, n900 got tango very quickly as well. It was the only AT&T WP7 device to get tango in a timely manner, if at all.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't Portico come out on the AT&T 920 first? Before the unlocked international version too, I believe. I recall people complaining on I think Nokia's forums saying the unlocked version should get Portico first, not AT&T's 920. Usually it's the other way around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett