- 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM #1
ATT track record with providing timely (if at all) updates for Android phones is not very good. Example (Both phones I have owned) The Samsung Infuse upgrade to GB (7 months). and now the HTC ONE X to JB. ATT was given the JB update from HTC back in late October. Just about every provider large and small has pushed JB to the ONE X long ago. But the only info you can get out of ATT is that they are still "Testing" it. So who has the final say for Nokia WP8 devices? Microsoft, Nokia, ATT? And does Nokia and/or Microsoft have more clout with ATT to force them to push out the update in a timely manner?
- 03-07-2013, 01:51 PM #6And does Nokia and/or Microsoft have more clout with ATT to force them to push out the update in a timely manner?
03-07-2013, 04:50 PM #7
- 409 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
All Windows Phone devices are guaranteed 18 months worth of updates. Portico was just released. The next update is already in beta testing, the 3rd update should arrive around summer/fall then the Windows Blue upgrade should appear by the holidays. These are guaranteed. After that time, you're eligible for an upgrade or should be able to get updates through other means.
- 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM #9
Didn't Portico come out on the AT&T 920 first? Before the unlocked international version too, I believe. I recall people complaining on I think Nokia's forums saying the unlocked version should get Portico first, not AT&T's 920. Usually it's the other way around.
- By Vignesh Eswaran in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
- By khunhorm in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 12-27-2012, 01:19 AM
- By MaulerX in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2012, 03:43 AM
- By Padmasali in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 11-30-2012, 04:56 AM
- By richard451 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM