Push Notifications Limit - How to check which apps that use push notifications?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to check which apps that use push notifications? Because when you have installed to many apps, it's kinda hard to remember which apps that use push notifications.
I just found out that it seems there is a limit on how many apps that are allowed for push notifications. When I click on notifications setting on Twitter, it said too many apps that use push notifications and it asked me to disable some of them so Twitter can use it.

This made me think that, could this be the reason why I don't receive the Apps Update notification on the Store Tile, as there are too many other apps that use push notification?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to check which apps that use push notifications? Because when you have installed to many apps, it's kinda hard to remember which apps that use push notifications. I just found out that it seems there is a limit on how many apps that are allowed for push notifications. When I click on notifications setting on Twitter, it said too many apps that use push notifications and it asked me to disable some of them so Twitter can use it.
Settings - >applications tab->background tasks.
This made me think that, could this be the reason why I don't receive the Apps Update notification on the Store Tile, as there are too many other apps that use push notification?
First party apps are excluded from this limit. But store update is a known bug.

markdwaterman#WP

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Twitter app? I was getting the same error message with Push notifications but didn't have anywhere near the limit (I think it's 15).

I reinstalled the app and the notifications worked fine.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Settings - >applications tab->background tasks. First party apps are excluded from this limit. But store update is a known bug.
I have disabled most of them and left 2 apps running in the background tasks. Some of the apps said the background task is used to update the LiveTile. Is this the same as the push notification?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Twitter app? I was getting the same error message with Push notifications but didn't have anywhere near the limit (I think it's 15).

I reinstalled the app and the notifications worked fine.

Hmm.. gonna try to uninstall and install it again. But I can't find any article that mention about the limit in Windows Phone 8.
What I found is on Mango, the limit is 30 Live Tiles. Before Mango, it is at 15 Live Tiles.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't receive any toast notifications from the eBay app, which is annoying, sorry to hijack - but does anyone have any answers?

Could be the same reason as mine. Too many apps using the push notification, hence you don't receive toast notification from ebay.

Sergey Diodorov

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Have also problems with eBay app on my Lumia 920. Has anyone fix? After reinstalling only 1 Notification came through. I'm ready to give up on Windows phone cause of Ebay app.

Giles R DeMourot

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
On Lumia 920 I have brought down the number of push notification programs to 8 (excluding first party apps). Still no push notification from the market after reboot.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to check which apps that use push notifications? Because when you have installed to many apps, it's kinda hard to remember which apps that use push notifications.
I just found out that it seems there is a limit on how many apps that are allowed for push notifications. When I click on notifications setting on Twitter, it said too many apps that use push notifications and it asked me to disable some of them so Twitter can use it.

According to Windows Phone 8: Tiles, Lock Screen, and Notifications | Build 2012 | Channel 9 the 30 app notification limit is gone in WP8, although the developer documentation on MSDN still mentions it.

If you're not getting Tile updates for pinned tiles, the usual workaround to force the app to re-establish the push notification link to the tile is to unpin the tile, make sure the app is closed (press the back button a few 10s of times) and then re-pin the tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786