Issue with Nokia account system setting

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. After updating a few of the system settings last week (extras+info, display+touch, and maybe others) I have noticed that when I try to enter the Nokia account system setting it just says "Connecting..." and never actually connects. I then am not able to "back out" of the settings but must hit the home button and then hit the back button to get out of settings and back to the start screen. I'm not certain that being able to enter Nokia account settings is useful, but I know that I used to be able to do so. Does anyone else have this issue?

P.S. I have performed a soft reset, which does not seem to fix the issue.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I connect with Nokia account ok. Doesn't say much except for account name and password. But I do connect.

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming that it isn't any sort of universal issue. I can't help but wonder what my issue is then even thought the setting isn't terribly useful.

NokiaLumia920User

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. After updating a few of the system settings last week (extras+info, display+touch, and maybe others) I have noticed that when I try to enter the Nokia account system setting it just says "Connecting..." and never actually connects. I then am not able to "back out" of the settings but must hit the home button and then hit the back button to get out of settings and back to the start screen. I'm not certain that being able to enter Nokia account settings is useful, but I know that I used to be able to do so. Does anyone else have this issue?

P.S. I have performed a soft reset, which does not seem to fix the issue.

I have exactly the same problem. I live in United Arab Emirates and called Nokia service center but it was no use. Once I try to add Nokia account in Settings, all I see is Connecting ..... and it freezes. Even the back button doesn't work. Only way to go back is the Start button like in your 920. The Nokia Care in UAE is a big joke so hopefully somebody in this forum can help. I have the latest firmware and all the updates you can get OTA.

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I live in United Arab Emirates and called Nokia service center but it was no use. Once I try to add Nokia account in Settings, all I see is Connecting ..... and it freezes. Even the back button doesn't work. Only way to go back is the Start button like in your 920. The Nokia Care in UAE is a big joke so hopefully somebody in this forum can help. I have the latest firmware and all the updates you can get OTA.

-Just for info, though it doesn't help fix anything, I'm also in UAE, on Etisalat, with a Clove-sourced 920, and this Nokia Account access is ok for me, no issues. I also have all updates including the ones JMawl mentioned....

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You had a bad install on one of those update. Since you cant uninstall them like other apps, the only way to fix it is to flash a new copy of OS. Alternatively you might want to live with it until the next OS update.

WPNokiaLumia920

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset solved the problem. Now I can access the Nokia Account and also it looks like the battery consumption is much lower. Before my average discharging was 90.18% per hour, now 76.04% when I'm using the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb